Gears Forums

Gears of war franchise officially dead

now we know why they took of war off gears 5 , theres nothing gears of war in this game.
its a call of duty third person shooter, what’s the point of having a gnasher anymore no one uses it anymore.
everyone is 50 feet away with auto weapons .
gnasher doesnt have a damage bost with active reload but left damge bost on the auto weapons , if u miss the active reload with the gnasher only reloads 3 bullets but auto weapons gets full clip .
auto weapons needs to be nerfed .
coalition will be known for killing gears of war franchise nothing more.
gears 5 feels like gears judgment 2.0

8 Likes

Omg why did i not notice they dropped war from title?
Sacrilege!!! Eliminations. Instead of kills to boot?
Its like some hipster version of gears of war! : /

1 Like

It’s Gears for a new generation crafted by talentless hacks!!!

4 Likes

“Officially”? Bold proclaimation there son! Why is it “official”? Because YOU proclaim it to be? Do you seriously think YOUR opinion matters so much that YOU can proclaim such things? Jesus wept.

11 Likes

will find out in sale numbers n player base .

I mean i dont know what game you are playing. I have literally been MVP almost every match using just the Gnasher.

3 Likes

So are you back tracking now? :wink:

EDIT:
If you think there are elements of GOW5 are poor, then by all means point them out. But saying something is officially dead when it’s not (or at least not yet) is a tad bit dramatic.

2 Likes

This thread needs to be dead. Gears will be just fine. & everyone in ranked were using the shotty when I played.

1 Like

I’m concerned too, but trying to stay optimistic.

I’m hoping there’s the time and incentive to make the changes that the community want.

The changes to the control scheme and inverted omen need to be put right, i could do with that knife being ditched too.

You can say whatever you want, does not mean its intelligent either i spose… I would know…

dead… hahahaha…
ok…people still play 2… people still play 3… but ya… dead… not every game needs every gamer online… dead… hahahaha

look at gears 4 takes ages to find matches n some modes r dead .
dont remember that in gears 1 to 3

halo 4 is dead when halo 5 came out… no the “Franchise” is not dead…Go find a ranked game of KoTH in GoW 2! o wait, you cant…
Gears is not any different than any other series… people move on eventually. it happens… I find matches in gears 4 right now all the time. i dont have this issue but i am also cad with a 25 ping…

I dont know if all the whining people in this forum are the majority. I cant see this game being a bust. Its perfect IMO.

3 Likes

GOW4 is now over 2 and half years into its life cycle so it’s expected that the player base drops off. I think there’s definite issues with the matchmaking - especially where high ranking players, especially in parties struggle to find matches, especially in certain game modes, but on the whole the player base is still active all things considering.

1 Like

So to sum it up, all you played was arcade which was a mode that had classes with preset loadouts and isn’t traditional to the other gears of war multiplayer modes and is something completely separate from them.

3 Likes

Was wondering why when I reloaded and had six shells in reserve I only reloaded three.

The one thing Judgement did right was remove active reload entirely and kept it simple. If we could have that, that would be great,

1 Like

TC are doing everything they can to move away from what made gears great in 1 2 and 3 ,its like Ferguson wants to get away from epics gears,you can clearly see from gears 4 the people developing it for TC are not gears players,they add things to the game that is not needed ,concentrate on anything but the gnahser battles which is really what gears is about.
All true gears fans want ,fans from gears 1 2 and 3 is decent servers and gnashers hit detection that works,new maps to add to old great ones and thats it.
Gears 5 is not gears in any way,its atrocious .
Ferguson is the man to blame,he was not number 1 at epic but is at TC ,
Epics gears is gears end of.

4 Likes

If anything this game is closer to the epic gears game by design. We all changed the way the game played by abusing the shotgun and wall bouncing. A change I’m all about but to say all this come on bro. Sure wall bounce fights are far figety anymore but get used to the new game before u complain

Nothing has changed, the truly bad players are always groaning and complaining. Here’s an idea, how about you try being optimistic and seeing the good things like 99% of the player base

1 Like

WTF ?closer to epics?is as far from that as you can get.

3 Likes