Gears of War: Bloodlines Announced

New book, looks to take place between Act 1 and Act 2 of Gears 5

3 Likes

Many thanks OP,I’ve just pre ordered on amazon U.K. site it’s not got a cover just a placement £8.99 :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks for the info bruh.

1 Like

Fantastic opportunity to explore the psychology of JD after the end of Act 1.

1 Like

This. A thousand times this. One of the things that has bothered me the most from the campaign is JD’s and Fahz’s personality change with no explanation whatsoever.

I wish they got a different author. Im not a huge fan of this guy. Ascendance was just ok

Well, I doubt a new book could be worse than Ascendance.

Don’t get me wrong, more Gears story is always very welcome, and I always thoroughly enjoy any opportunity to flesh out the stories within this interesting dynamic world.

Ascendance however, was one of the most poorly written books I have ever read. Sure, this is just low brow trash reading, not Tolstoy, Dumas, Virgil etc. Even so, the quality of writing was abysmal.

Haven’t started reading it yet, but I’ve heard Karen’s novels were much better.

2 Likes

So much better man,

1 Like

Yeah, I figured as much. It’s what’s taken out the excitement on reading it. That and not too fond of the story as a whole in this new trilogy. I’ll get around to it though at some point, especially since this new novel will most probably cover something I’m interested in, so don’t want to be left behind.

In depth JD becoming bald scene please

1 Like

Literally a hundred times better. Jacinto’s Remnant was my personal favorite.

3 Likes

From Waterstones website:

The new novel set within the action of the Xbox Game Studios video game Gears 5, by New York Times bestselling author Jason Hough. Tied into the record-breaking Xbox Game Studios video game Gears 5, GEARS OF WAR: BLOODLINES reveals a mission that takes place within the events of the game. Stinging from a defeat by the Swarm and the grievous injury of her best friend, JD Fenix, Kait Diaz finds herself forced to choose between following her mother’s Outsider ways, or her duty as a Coalition of Ordered Governments soldier like her father, Gabe Diaz: hero of the upcoming Xbox Game Studios video game Gears Tactics. As Kait learns of Gabe’s choices during the Battle of Gatka Ridge, the brutal mission that defined his Pendulum Wars legacy, she discovers how his actions shaped her future - and prepared her for war against the Swarm.

2 Likes

Ugh, it’s going to revolve around Kait? Meh… Thanks for posting this though.

I’m hoping they’ll still fit some segments with JD in there. Something to do with how Lizzie’s death contributed to his change in personality, if there was anything further to it than just the guilt of being responsible for her death(if she is in fact dead and not in a much more severe coma than JD, which is… very unlikely, let’s face it) and that of the drivers and civilians of the first two destroyed Minotaurs.

There were a lot of people who thought that JD’s change didn’t make sense in the game. I actually thought it made perfect sense but I also read between the lines and played out the story of what a man like that would be going through after his decision at the end of Act 1 went tragically wrong. It would make for one dramatic story if it was told right.

3 Likes

Does anyone knows if it’s coming out also outside of the US like the previous books?
Nor Rise of RAAM neither Ascendance came out in Italy.
But I can also see why , TC is given limited funds and they probably woundn’t lay a coin into something less convenient for business.
But hey , that said I would love to see these books translated and phisically in my hands.

God , they are all beautiful.
But I adore Coalition’s End and The Slab in particular.
The Slab because it potraits in-depth the Battle and Loss of Ephyra ,Coalition’s End is my favourite because it gives the reader a mirror into Prescott’s mind. Only if you read that book you can understand his Logic , his point of view.
Killer book.

2 Likes

Already got it on the pre-order. So far ‘The Slab’ has been my favorite. Got goosebumps when Marcus decked out Hoffman. Man I loved that book.

3 Likes

I’m actually stuck between Aspho Fields and Jacinto’s Remnant now because Aspho showed so much insight into Dom’s family and he’s my favorite character. I love The Slab too though, seeing Marcus and the guy who sticks by his side (can’t remember his name) in that prison was a beautifully terrifying read tbh.

1 Like