Gears of War 5 support

(Kevin D N) #1

How long do you think that Gears of War 5 will be supported with the next Xbox coming soon? And also do you think that the next Xbox will be backwards compatible from day one or will they do it as is currently, releasing only a few at a time?

(TGLT Clutch) #2

which next xbox you talking about? All the xbox ones will be able to play Gears 5

(xFribbo) #3

I think he’s referring to when a new Xbox console gets released.

(TGLT Clutch) #4

I really don’t know that’s something Microsoft decides, it will most likely be backwards compatible though since the game is on Microsoft store and is also on PC

(xFribbo) #5

I doubt there will be a new next gen console for quite a few years.

(Bleeding Pepper) #6

And as for the overall support that Gears 5 will get from TC, well that obviously depends on the success of the game and what the play base looks like after say, the first 3, 6 and 12 months. If it bombs and the player base shrinks ridiculously within the first 3 months, I doubt they will put resources into supporting what is essentially a dead game. If it can maintain a similar level of popularity amongst fans and number of players as Gears 4 then I’d expect it to be supported for at least 18 months, but probably longer.

(Me0wMix CatFood) #7

There won’t be another console for at least a couple years, despite what the YouTube clickbait stories are telling you. And, it will be irrelevant to Gears 5.