Gears of war 5 physically hurts

Yeah, I’ve been coming back now and then to see if the multiplayer has gotten any better, but no. This game literally causes me physical pain to play. I can feel my muscles tense and my bones breaking.… It’s truly that bad. And before y’all say it… yeah Im going to go play something else. And for those guys telling the og players to Get good ? At what…? movement is non existent… bot walking outplays movement… camping/wall hugging is meta because pushing is impossible due to gnasher damage being unpredictable. How can you get good at a game that no longer has a skill gap? Everyone that plays gow5 is good. It’s the easiest/noob friendly gears next to judgement. There is no getting good when everyone is equally skilled. I’m sure everyone has killed a wall bounce try hard by simply bot walking because the game is that easy now… I’m guilty of bot walking too… Also, has anyone realized how useless and non existent popshotting/aiming the gnasher is on gears 5? I swear everyone including myself hipfires because of the way the pellets are arranged. Aiming the gnasher is unreliable and hipfiring is more accurate which makes no sense…. Anyway, if you enjoy gow5 good for you… just sharing my frustrations… and MY OPINION.

5 Likes

On a competitive aspect and in comparison to the other titles yeah I agree with it being easy. I don’t think comp/sweat players will ever truly enjoy Gears 5. It’s my favorite and only shooter so I will still play it regardless.

I hope the best for you man If you really aren’t enjoying it. There are tons of games out there but none like Gears.

4 Likes

YOU MY FRIEND are a genius! You pretty much summed up the gears 5 experience everything you said is 1000000000000% correct… gears 5 was made for babies who want everything handed to them on a plate because there dog ■■■■ at gears games that require skill mainly gears 3 and gears 4 the people that hated those games absolutely love gears 5 why? Because gears 5 is the easiest gears game out of the series and they like how the game makes them feel like a god with how handicapped it is movement is non existent like you said bot walkers beat someone with movement theres literally no point in using the movement because you wont get rewarded for it in fact when you play aggressive in this game 9 times out of 10 you will lose because passive behaviour beats aggression in this game thats why gears 5 esports is a absolute joke and sleep fest its not enjoyable to watch its all about who has the better team work i remember when gears used go be about solo players making crazy plays on there own like killing multiple players at once because previous gears games allowed them to now… gears 5 was made for brain dead monkeys

1 Like

I guess I’d agree the skill gap is probably the least of the series (still extensive compared to most games) and also the little bit walk one shot kills me one of those things that seem very inconsistent. But imho it’s a little more of a get good kinda thing. The bouncing is not as effective In an odd way. I guess people are aiming better and the frame rate and newer engines just respond differently than what we’re used to. But strafing is still very effective. Doesn’t help fhat they gave up on the game either though and there’s plenty of cheaters

2 Likes

Does this mean i can toggle crossplay back on?

1 Like

You don’t wanna play against me? :pleading_face:

1 Like

Idk why it takes people so long to realize that Gears 5 versus is made for bots. The best course of action is to walk in a straight line at someone. Gears 5 versus isnt worth investing any of your time into, Gears 4 comp is infinitely better than what Gears 5 has to offer.

1 Like

Why fight when we could be friends?
Image result for palpatine and vader gif

1 Like

The same reason why it takes people so long to realize that Blademaster is not a throw pick and is actually one of the best classes in the game if you play it properly.

4 Likes

I mean if you wanna play some control we can at some point :3

1 Like

They need to take off the aim assist and bullet magnetism asap. I used to love getting into gnasher fights but now its over so fast that I cant enjoy it. Its still fun but not as fun as it used to be. Gears was my favorite game. Ive been off the game due to legal issues for about five years and was expecting to come back and play using my skills but now anybody can jump in and get kills against a day one pro gears player. I used to feel confident when there were two enemies approaching me because I knew how to maneuver and get good shots off but now when two enemies approach me I just run because every shot feel like its full damage. The gnasher spread should be wider when blindfiring and tight when hard aiming.

2 Likes

What

1 Like

You’d be surprised. Kind of just a whole ‘nother world

What are you all even talking about

He’s probably saying he was either in jail or legally bound/obligated to not be on the internet lol that’s the context

Thats rough

Yeah it’s silly but it’s THE LAW.

Why do you need what should 've been 4-5 paragraphs but isn’t because you’re afraid of the enter key, and multiple replies, just to determine you’re not a very good player? Thread solved.

2 Likes

Basically, take the auto aim thingy off please because people are just walking up to me like bots and splattering me even when im clearly out maneuvering them. Blindfire gnasher spread should be wider and hard aim tighter. Reward the player for taking time to place direct shots on target and not just looking in or close to the direction of their opponent and pulling the trigger thus rewarding the player that has little to no skill…

I have revisited gears 4 but Gow5 has completely changed my play style. I noticed I picked up some really bad habits especially bot walking. I’m conditioned to play way too passive now, which doesn’t fly on gow4 because it’s super fast paced. But the first thing you noticed on gow4 is THE SKILL GAP. People are cracked on gow4 haha