Gears of War 4 (PC) Freezing Solution

OK.
Thank you.

1 Like

Not a problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still having this issue in 2019, a week before the release of Gears 5. Bet yah 10 bucks Gears 5 is gonna have these issues too… Thanks Microsoft/windows 10.

New drivers are working well, have you tried them? Give em a go the more feedback the better.

Gears is sensitive to CPU overclocks.

He may have the same CPU but might be pushing it to a speed where Gears doesn’t like.

1 Like

Lol let’s be real gears is sensitive period well at least for 10 series. But yeah I’d drop all OC’s and try the new driver.

1 Like

4 hours played and no crash…

Koth etc

GeForce 1060

1 Like

Funny you say that because why may have been his issue. After factory resetting his BIOS and avoiding an overclock he hasn’t cracked since.

2 Likes

Yeah,

I thought so,

If you’re crashing with a RTX then it’s either CPU or GPU Overclock from my experience (or a fresh windows install is needed).

I had Gears 4 close down very neatly a couple of times before I dropped down to 220 from 240 to avoid the CPU stressing to higher speeds.

It’s literally like my high maintenance ex’s.

Any other game - full OC - room is cooking like a sauna but no problem, Games carry on :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Man it’s not usually too bad but last night was so frustrating.
I was trying to coop and when loading in to the start of Act 3 Chapter 4 after taking control of a character and moving for less than a minute (sometimes after a few seconds) would resulting in freezing every time. I gave up after 5 tries and a few hours later the 6th try also resulted it a freeze. I’ve updated to the latest drivers so hopefully I have better luck tonight…

2 Likes

did you play any longer past 4 hours after, did you experience any crashes after that?

no the game is going great for me. I hope it stays like this.

2 days Crash free :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Good to see you’ve had Gears sober for 2 days and no crashes!

A lot of people are seeing good results but I think some have said it’s crashing so progress but still needs work to get everyone on a crash free level.

1 Like

Yea, the Nvidia staff said this was a partial fix that should clear it up mostly for the majority of people, but the full fix is scheduled for the next driver.

Yeah,

Hopefully that lands Monday/Tuesday or before 5 begins on Thursday.

I have tested even more.

• cpu gpu ram overclocked.
  • all settings are switched on in the options
  • Frame cap @144
  • Game bar
  • Party Chat

And no freeze :+1:

2 Likes

i am currently streaming right now & haven’t crashed yet i even played for 3 hours straight off stream earlier this morning & haven’t crashed, i’m a 1050ti 4gb user with 15 7600k & 16gb of ddr 4 ram & this driver is a huge improvement so far

1 Like

The new driver is working for me also. I’m playing for two hours straight now, I did some ranked matches, and now I’m gonna play some casual.

I’m playing on a GTX 1080 , R5, 16gb RAM, custom settings, FPS capped at 144 on a 1440p monitor.

This driver may not be the final fix but surely it’s a step in the right direction.

2 Likes

My identical set up.

2 Likes

OK after i played 4hours off stream & playing it another 4 hours on stream i can confirm the new drivers has not experienced not one crash or freezes so far today! it’s great that gears 4 is finally working but i feel it is alittle too late for coalition as gears 4 is going to be dead by the time gears 5 comes out next week… 3 years of us dealing with this issue & it should of been more top priority instead of skins… if gears 5 has any one hint of crashes or freezes i’ll just ask for a refund & hang gears to the hangar & say screw it & be done with the franchise & devs if we get a repeat of gears 4 on pc issues

2 Likes