Achievements are awesome. Our community is awesome. So we thought, why not combine the two to make something awesome together?!
Since Gears of War 4 launched almost 2 years ago, we’ve added 74 new achievements worth 2500 gamerscore to chase across Campaign, Horde and Versus. And now we’re almost done. With our next achievement list release, we’ll be adding the last 500 gamerscore ever for Gears of War 4 to end on a nice, neat, coincidentally appropriate total of 4000G.
In recognition of the upcoming 2nd Anniversary of Gears 4, we thought what better way to celebrate the game and - most importantly - our community, with an opportunity to help create one or several new achievements!
Starting today Friday, July 27th at 11am PT, we are opening this Forum thread to gather up all your ideas! Hurry and submit your ideas for requirements, names and descriptions on achievements you’d like to see in this final list.
On Tuesday, August 7th at 11am PT, we will close this Forum thread and go through your submissions with our panel of TC experts to pick the most creative/interesting/fun (and most importantly POSSIBLE) ideas!
To enter, please post your submission in this Forum thread using this template:
Achievement Requirements: Describe what would unlock the achievement (e.g. 100 kills at Anvil Gate in Campaign Prologue on Insane Difficulty)
(OPTIONAL) Achievement Name: No more than 44 characters (including spaces)
(OPTIONAL) Achievement Description: No more than 100 characters (including spaces) [please make sure that your description is as precise as possible]
Also, please note the following:
• We are not committing to a specific number of winners to give us flexibility and to allow us to focus on quality submissions and include as many of them as possible.
• There are no rewards for taking part of this contest other than the fun about having your achievement in the game. That definitely doesn’t exclude some very cool acknowledgement for the selected achievement creators though! (please note that only the original creator, i.e. the first post mentioning the selected idea(s) will be acknowledged)
• We might combine several ideas together to create one achievement (e.g. Gamertag A suggests “Do C”, Gamertag B suggests “Do D” – we create one achievement “Do C and D”).
• We reserve the right to modify any parameters of the achievement, including name, description and requirements.
• By submitting your achievement, we reserve the right to use the Gamertag(s) of the original achievement creator(s) in its description (unless the gamertag is found to be offensive, abusive or derogatory). This is not guaranteed, but it’s something we’d love to do.
Thanks, and good luck to all of you!