Gears Forums

Gears of War 4 Connection Timing Out

I’m back again with more problems. I have to reiterate that I have stated this before, but the 30 min penalties you receive for “quitting” are absolutely broken when the game itself messes up.

I continue to receive 30+ min penalties when the connection times out. This happens after the map has been selected and proceeds in its initial load. During this load, the connection will time out and whammo I am back on the main menu with a fat old penalty.

I’m serious guys, do you not want me or other PC players to play the game?

Penalty when the game crashes and I cannot rejoin in time.

Penalty when the game crashes and I am unable to rejoin as it just hangs on the map loading screen until the match is over. I have waited for over 15 min on this loading screen only for the match to end and I receive a quit penalty.

And now, Penalty when the connection times out as I load a match.

I literally cannot do anything to resolve these issues.

It’s on YOUR SIDE.

Can we please do something about these quit penalties?
Can we please figure out some sort of system to differentiate between a quitter and someone whose game, times out, crashes, etc.

I don’t know why I keep coming back. I have been a fan of this series since GoW 1. Again like my last post, I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME. I HAVE FUN WHEN IT WORKS. But I can’t. Crashes, Penalties and NO RESPONSE FROM TC.

:pensive:

EDIT: I don’t think this needs to be stated, but I am a PC player, not console.

This literally just finished happening to me. Made me want to uninstall. I shouldn’t be getting penalized for something out of my control. Fix this. ASAP. Gears 5 is coming soon.

1 Like