Gears of War 06: Dark and Gritty Edition

Dear TC,

If you want to make Gears the most popular game of all time, this is what you have to do for the next installment:

1. Call it Gears of War 06: Dark and Gritty Edition
  2. Allow a maximum brightness of 5/100 to make sure we can’t see more than 5 feet away.
  3. Turn on color blind mode as default to ensure we only see a wide variety of grey.
  4. Turn blood splatter all the way up. Each lancer bullet should cause blood splatter so extreme that the entire map is covered in blood by the end of matches.
  5. Include only 1 emote in the game: Ben Carmine’s “You suck!” for maximum toxicity.

Just reply below with your address so I know where to send the bill to.

Cheers,
‘06 vet

6 Likes

dba5eb24ac2b480ba399fa867b86db01

3 Likes

100% serious

4 Likes

I think the “cheers, ‘06 vet” is the dead giveaway that it’s a joke

3 Likes

You forgot to add: Ban all bootlickers from the game & anyone who plays any other game that’s not Gears.

2 Likes

You know technically speaking if we were in the year 06 this would all be correct…

2 Likes

Patiently waiting for this release.

I’ll be sitting at gamestop while wearing my DCs and Ecko gear.

1 Like

2006 VET here. I think it is important that the franchis sticks to its roots but also has to evolve. Dark and gritty is no longer fashionable, and most properties (e.g., Batman) that try to keep forcing it down peiple’s throats like it’s 2000s still end up failing. You have to eventually add some col;or to attract new audiences. Take a look at Halo Infinite. It’s #1 on the most played game list because it went free to play and added satisfying progression toward varied content. I think 2006 VETs need to accept that this is tghe future direction of the Gears series or else franlly nobody will care when Gears 6 releases.

3 Likes

Batman games definitely do not fail. Or movies for that matter.

1 Like

This new Batman movie actually looks “dark & gritty” lol

I’m glad Gotham Knights will be on the XBOX

2 Likes

I cannot, and will not accept this.

Everyone hated the last one so bad they haven’t made a new one since 2015 :joy:

Yes, this is my point. The last few Batman movies have tried to keep bring “Dark and Gritty,” and have been embarrassing disasters that lost millions and everyone hated. Ben Affleck was so embarrased by the new one that he dropped out and the only one who wanted the role was someg uy from Harry Potter. :sweat_smile:

I’m fine with Gears being dark and gritty somewhat but you also need to allow for more vibrant content to keep people interested.

3 Likes

Could you make this post more dark and gritty?

1 Like

#Team Edward

2 Likes

I will say they said that Arkham knight was the last game before it even came out… I doubt it had to do with people hating it it still sold like crazy.

Agreed. Sure there are slight disasters, like Batman & Robin, but that can be overlooked for how legendary others are.

2409 people are a disgrace to the Cowl and don’t deserve to play that game anyway. That game plays and looks beautiful. The attention to detail is remarkable. Sure the PC version was beyond disastrous, I won’t argue with that. I could only accept bad reviews from those on PC who literally couldn’t play the game properly.

It’s one of my favourite games and I thoroughly enjoy it to this day.

I don’t disagree, though Ben Affleck’s Batman had some great scenes. Specifically the Warehouse scene in Batman V Superman, which was absolutely beautiful.

We’ll see what the new one has to offer. I can’t say I was very confident about Robert Pattison taking on the role due to those awful Twilight films, but he deserves a chance. After all, Heath Ledger got a hell of a lot of stick being cast as the Joker before absolute nailing the role and more.

1 Like

Bad post, missing the official gears 06 vet pfp, 6/10

1 Like

3 Likes

That’s exactly what this series needs.

And more Rivers!

2 Likes

1 Like