Gears Forums

Gears Gore downgraded

2 Likes

Just watched it and the actual executions look dope

1 Like

The way I see it. Gears was ment to be the mortal kombat of shooting games. MK stepped up the things that made it stand out while gears is trying to compete with modern shooters. Gears Is a hi speed extremely graphic and gore filled shooter yet every game since 2-3 It’s progressive getting worse at it. The sounds are more satisfying than the gore now.

In gears 4 they remove from gore

Bones
Low heath blood on walls
Semi permanent blood and floors walls
Gears 3 bullet hole sprites on characters.

But what they added was

Better blood in general
Better execution floor blood and unique patterns exclusive to that execution
Blood splays\splatters on your character close range gore chunk kills

What was tweeked poorly

Blood sucking way into the floor seconds after it appears
The insides of enemies looking like Jam

As for gears 5 they took away even more…

Blood no longer do we have dynamic blood during a execution.(for example the snub beat down. Every time you punch blood no longer effects or lands on the environment, the blood just splashes off your fist onto nothingness,) the blood spray system also robs us of the gears 4 unique floor blood textures on executions. Only time you see blood on objects now is shooting enemy bodys of kicking gore chunks around the floor

Blood being removed faster off your character after close range chunk kills.

What improved in gears 5 is.

More blood on characters for close range gore chunk kills.
Darker blood and the return of skull chunks after a head pop kill in any way that was removed from gears 4
And i think i saw a slight return of the bullet hit spites from gears 3 although no where near as long.
Better blood on dead chunked up enemy bodies

Over all gears 5 gore wise is a big step back because the blood Spay customizer.
The blood puddles makes No sense on half the executions (especiallythe drop shot execution) and as a result every execution blood puddle is the same and we lose dynamic blood splatters for executions and the unique looking gears 4 splats

In my opinion It’s the most tame gore has ever been as a result in the series so far all because of “blood Spays”

The cons just over shadow the pros

GG indeed

(also where the hell Is the series defining curb stop?)

Still hype for more gears either way. All this just bugs me

[Rank 23 Gears 5 Tech test]

2 Likes

GoW1 was a gritty dark shooter, now its more fortnite then horror.

1 Like

Fortnite? Cmon man that’s not even close :rofl:

1 Like