Gears Esports Code of Conduct
The Coalition believes that all players should be able to play Gears of War in a safe and welcoming environment and community. This Code of Conduct applies to all Gears of War players, coaches, managers, spectators, and event attendees participating in Coalition-sanctioned or sponsored events including but not limited to:
Online tournaments including: Open tournaments, Qualifying tournaments, Invitational tournaments
Live events including: Showcase matches, Playtests, LAN competitions
Cheating and Gameplay
No forms of cheating will be tolerated. This includes software modification, hardware modification, match fixing, hacking, exploiting game glitches, impersonation (including playing under another player’s account), collusion, or any other behaviour as determined by the tournament organizer or The Coalition.
Players may not intentionally delay or slow gameplay, including but not limited to stalling, disconnecting network cables, interruption of network connectivity, or any other known or unknown manner of tampering with gameplay.
Drugs and Alcohol
The use of drugs or alcohol may lead to disruptive behavior. Players believed to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol during tournament hours may be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament organizer or The Coalition. No references to illegal substances will be tolerated.
Players must not use obscene gestures, language, or offensive comments during tournament activity.
- Hate speech or discriminatory behaviour
- Violent or physical aggression or behaviour
- Sexual harassment of any kind
- Racist or sexist words, phrases or gestures
- Extreme profanity
- Any “sound-alike” or “look-alike” words or phrases that reference these topics
- Any other type of conduct deemed inappropriate at the discretion of the tournament organizer or The Coalition
All players are expected to be respectful of the staff of the Tournament Organizers, The Coalition, sponsors, and/or partners.
Penalties and Disciplinary Action
By participating in any Gears Esports events, or The Coalition sanctioned or sponsored online and live events, players agree to be bound by the final decisions of the Tournament Organizer, The Coalition, and anyone acting on The Coalition’s behalf.
The Coalition and/or Tournament Organizer can, at its sole discretion, take the following disciplinary actions depending on the severity of the infraction:
- Instant removal from an online or live tournament or event
- Withholding of partial or full prize money
- Temporary or permanent suspension from: Xbox Live, Gears of War game platforms and services, and/or participation in a Gears Esports, Gears of War, and/or Microsoft online or live tournament or event
- Pursue prosecution with the law or authoritative bodies for any illegal activities
We expect all players to act with competitive and personal integrity at all times and to show good sportsmanship, honesty, and fair play. Gears Esports should be a safe and welcoming place for all players from all backgrounds.
Use the following links below for more information on Microsoft Sevices Agreement, Xbox Live Services Agreement and Xbox Live Code of Conduct:
Microsoft Services Agreement
Xbox Live Code of Conduct Explained
Xbox Live Services Agreement
The Coalition reserves the right to update or change this Code of Conduct at any time.