Gears 5 Unlockable Characters and weapon skins, NO MORE PACK SYSTEM!

(LuneyN) #1

DO NOT BRING BACK THE PACK SYSTEM!, allow gears 5 players to unlock characters and weapon skins through leveling up and challenges just like gears 3. The only packs that im okay with are the esports supporter packs, you can bring those back if you want just cause its helps fund the esports and gives rewards to players that help fund it. The pack system just makes me feel like i havent accomplished anything and upsets fans because you grind for countless hours, spend all your credits and you dont get anything you wanted out of the pack because of RNG. I know you guys are probably making a killing on those packs but your fanbase is more important.

(III EnVii III) #2

RNG will most likely feature in 5.

Character Unlocks will also more than likely feature in 5.

(LuneyN) #3

if they do a combined sort of thing where some characters are in packs and some or unlocked by leveling or challenges i think i would be fine with that.

(III EnVii III) #4

TC have already said they took on board feedback for Unlocks via challenges.

That’s why they added those in 4 post launch.

Going forward, it’s safe to assume Gears 5 will have them built in from launch.

:+1:

(Asurazu Rasu) #5

I’m OK with weapon skin sets in packs but full out multiplayer characters being mixed in with emblems & series content that has nothing to do with the pack put in just to inflate loot pools is bad.

(SamHain13x) #6

As long as people keep paying for packs they will continue to be in the series. Just control your gambling urges guys.

(crazychainsaws8) #7

If gears 5 do put the packs back in it should be guaranteed everything from the start non of the getting the same character bull ■■■■.

(HayMaker304) #8

Packs are fine as long as everything is craftable from the start. The horde skills not being craftable is ■■■■■■■■.

(Justice) #9

Have certain characters/skins unlockable via achievement/challenge only, but maybe keep the credit system and allow no dupes of lower tier skins/characters?

eSports and Charity packs are fine by me, but the real issue is splitting community with different weapon tunings :upside_down_face:

(Vanden255) #10

I don’t mind unlocks through progression, but I’d like to still have the option to craft the characters I want most immediately.

(Ektope) #11

How do you expect them to make money?
Preventing bankruptcy is more important than fan base.
Otherwise, possibly no more Gears.

(DenyThisFlesh) #12

Everything should be unlockable through playing. I hate this RNG trash. As for the eSports stuff, just sell the individual characters for a set price. Have a bundle with all of the characters. Sell a pack that gives all of the skins. Have one with all of the characters and skins. As long as I know what I’m getting up front I’m fine with it. Nobody wants to waste money and not get what they want.

(KonTroL RaNgeR) #13

I do not like the packs. Earned by accomplishment or buy outright

(DenyThisFlesh) #14

MS has an absurd amount of money. TC won’t be going bankrupt if they take out RNG packs. That’s a pretty ridiculous way to try to defend this RNG trash.

(Ektope) #15

I’m not really supporting or defending RNG.
I would prefer if the prices were more fair and guaranteed than leaving up to chance.
So basically how Gears 3 did it.

(Axe1 Stone) #16

the fans and coalition need to meet in the middle on these issues .

(HayMaker304) #17

I wonder if there is a way to determine how many copies of the GOW4 they have sold since release.

(Furyan76) #18

Pack system isn’t a problem : that’s the RNG which is rotten !

(Phaaze) #19

Easier said than done.

Because of this, these packs will always be in games.

(Viytalic) #20

TC are a “fix later” company.

Your telling me in 2 years they couldn’t change it so that you can now just craft horde skills? They sure as hell were fast to patch certain characters being craftable on wrong dates or those that werent supposed to.

They’ll keep saying theyve learnt, “just buy our next game and we “promise” to do better.”