Gears Forums

Gears 5 - Too many issues, worst game launch ever

The Gears 5 development, QA and testing teams should be ashamed for such a terrible game launch. Shame on management and project leaders for allowing and approving the go ahead to launch.

Tech test was supposed to be used to identify issues. Patching servers on launch night?? Really? Unexpected capacity issues?

You charge the same price as the other games that are put out into the market with far less issues. The network and multi player gaming experience issues are unacceptable in this day and age of online gaming.

This is unfair to the gaming community and loyal Gears players.

Gears 5 launch is a major failure. You obviously do not have the right team in place to develop a good product.

56 Likes

Game was fine until the US players got on. It’s almost like they have the largest amount of players or something… what a surprise :rofl:

4 Likes

Yeah its been super frustrating.

3 Likes

Riiiiiiight. Ironic since the target audience is the U.S. yet the most, longest lasting audience is Mexico :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Does Mexico really have more players than the US?

I mean people are just now starting to play on early access and the actual release is Sept 10th. I don’t think i’ve experienced a single games release (online) going smoothly, so there’s going to be issues, this really doesn’t surprise me.

4 Likes

Worst game launch ever?? LOL. Is this your first one? Because I’ve seen a lot worse. Yeah it’s rough but it’ll all be worked out.

4 Likes

Come on. WE all know that honor goes to Fallout 76.

6 Likes

Worst launch ever jeez, you can make a point without the hyperbole.
Remember master chief collection?

1 Like

I don’t expect things to be perfect, but damn not even being able to find games? I didn’t have these issues when Epic was in charge. I remember running home to play Gears 3 on launch night and everything was butter.

5 Likes

lmao, yeah OK, nobody gonna beat Fallout 76 in this category. :joy:

This is your first multiplayer game, right?

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Its always nice when we get new armchair developers in the community.

2 Likes

Do you not remeber Anthem? Anthem qas way worse then 76 for launch.

1 Like

Oh weeeew lad, lmao, this year has been a WILD ride :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Personally i can’t even launch the campaign so stop crying you’re making me cry even more :sob:

2 Likes

This game is unplayable for me,disconnections all the time.
TC or for me The Cringe are bunch of amateurs.

4 Likes

Not your or a first game launch right. What a mess. Unplayable. Spending more time waiting and reloading than actual playing. Unacceptable for a AAA title

3 Likes

Good thing I’m only playing Campaign at the moment with 53 days of boost left

Honestly kinda annoying that I pay for ultimate edition and their servers are ■■■■ and aren’t working what the ■■■■! I’ve been trying to play a single game of escape and it just either kicks me out or stays on the loading screen forever, my boosts better be replinshed cause this is straight ■■■■■■■■

4 Likes

Not even the worst in this franchise, some of you are bordering on hysterical a lot of the time.

1 Like