Gears 5 The Trap, Master, Gunner, 13 SOLO, NO SHOTS FIRED inspired by MOSS994

playlist

TRAP
inspired by @MOSS994
Season 10
Gears 5 The Trap, Inconceivable, Gunner, (SOLO) NO SHOTS FIRED, Clayton - Collectors Clayton AUDIO GLITCH 08:03.57 SCORE (02-15-2022) Season 10

inspired by MOSS994
Season 10
Gears 5 The Trap, Master, Gunner (SOLO) NO SHOTS FIRED, Benjamin Carmine - Zombie Benjamin EDIT AUDIO GLITCH (02-15-2022) Season 10

inspired by MOSS994
Season 10
Gears 5 The Trap, Master, Gunner (SOLO) NEG -06:10.38, NO SHOTS FIRED, ONE RUN NO DEATH, Hana Cole - Hivebuster Hana SAMSUNG (02-15-2022) Season 10

inspired by MOSS994
Season 10
Gears 5 The Trap, Master, Gunner (SOLO, NO SHOTS FIRED, NO DEATH) NEG -01:25.17, Sid - Recon Sid (02-15-2022) Season 10

inspired by MOSS994
Season 10
Gears 5 The Trap, Master, Gunner (SOLO, NO DEATH, NO SHOTS FIRED,) NEG -04:56.15, Hana Cole (02-15-2022) Season 10

inspired by MOSS994
Season 10
Gears 5 The Trap, Master, Gunner (SOLO, NO DEATH, NO SHOTS FIRED) 01:48.30, Emile-A239 HALO-REACH (02-15-2022) Season 10

inspired by MOSS994
Season 10
Gears 5 The Trap, Master, Gunner (SOLO, NO SHOTS FIRED) NEG -00:42.47, Lizzie - Chrome Steel Lizzie (02-15-2022) Season 10

inspired by MOSS994
Season 10
Gears 5 The Trap, Master, Gunner (SOLO, NO SHOTS FIRED, NO DEATH) NEG -01:34.19, Kat-B320 HALO-REACH (02-15-2022) Season 10

inspired by MOSS994
Season 10
Gears 5 The Trap, Master, Gunner (SOLO SPEEDRUN) NEG -06:33.54, Clayton - Armored Clayton (02-16-2022) Season 10

inspired by MOSS994
Season 10
Gears 5 The Trap, Master, Gunner (SOLO, NO DEATH) NEG -05:51.94, Deebee Nutcracker Shepherd (02-16-2022) Season 10

inspired by MOSS994
Season 10
Gears 5 The Trap, Master, Gunner (SOLO, NO DEATH) NEG -00:47.33, Cog Commando Heavy Armor Akagi (02-16-2022) Season 10

inspired by MOSS994
Season 10
Gears 5 2022-02-16 15-20-40 The Trap, Master, Gunner (SOLO, NO DEATH) 01:09.73, UIR Soldier- UIR Officer (female) STUMP BLOCKING SAFEROOM DOOR (02-16-2022) Season 10

inspired by MOSS994
Season 10
Gears 5 The Trap, Master, Gunner (SOLO SPEEDRUN) NEG -00:27.12, Kait - Skeleton Suit Kait (02-17-2022) Season 10

1 Like

Nice work! I have a lot of trouble with Escape, myself. No idea how you guys do these solo. Always impresses me.

I just started trying to Master Hives a month or two ago and have only managed to get 17. And at least 8 of those were carries, honestly.

I love Horde, but I could seriously use some help with Escape. :rofl:

Escape doesn’t change much aside from the RNG of enemies (and therefore weapons dropped by them) - and there’s typically only about 2-3 possible combinations and they are applicable per act. So through repetition you’ll learn and remember what to expect in each hive.

Content of supply rooms stay the same (except COG tags but this is a score-related thing). So if Supply Room A contains a Longshot and 3 medium ammo boxes then it will always contain that.

Aside from that it helps to play on lower difficulties just to explore and get a lay of the land before you ramp it up to master. And if part of a team it’s about optimising what weapons and ammo you have so the classes who get buffs from certain weapons get priority for them. Same as ammo. If you only have a Snub or Talon or Hammerburst, then leave the ammo for others.

Escape is played quite differently to Horde but through time you’ll get used to it.

Great job!
But in all these videos you are using the same class and just different skins.

1 Like

True. But I find the given AI response to the same situation can vary quite widely when running Escape Hives. When I was plugging away at the Campaign on the higher difficulties, the AI seemed to do the exact same thing every time encountered. It made it easier to predict and try again.

I’ve been trying to use your class guide as a basis for Mastering Hives, and when I started trying to Master them, with a squad, I had been running Advanced through Elite solo with Blademaster. I thought I was ready to try Master if I could get some help, but even maps like The Labyrinth, that everyone here has listed as easy to solo, just seem to be too difficult even with a full squad. Not only in shifting enemy sets and behavior, but primarily the battalion you face getting out the door, only to face another while the doors close.

Then there’s The Blight, where you can’t even count on remembering the map. :rofl:

I remembered thinking the same thing, but if you watch multiple runs you’ll see a wide array of different scenarios faced using the same strategy in the same Hive.

Some are even listed in the title, like “Stump Blocking the Safe Room.” Yet he still completed the Hive, regardless of the change in situation. Very impressive.

Broadly speaking, the scenarios are very similar. The Stump scenario just required patience until the Gunner’s ultimate recharged. It’s about knowing your class and using its strengths.

I’ve solo’d The Trap using the Infiltrator (and Nomad) and I would have approached it differently compared to a Gunner. For example there would be flashbangs in one of the supply rooms, so these would be used to create openings against the Stumps, whereas a Gunner has their ultimate to use instead. As I said, it’s about using your class’ strengths.

Solo generally needs a very different approach to playing as part of a 3-person team though. The enemies tend to be more aggressive for example, and as you’re the lone player all enemy eyes will be on you (whereas as part of a team, you can draw fire for team mates or vice-versa for flank attacks). Plus you’re limited to the skillset of your class, whereas with a team you have up to 3 different classes/skillsets.

With the enemy AI, there are some variations in their behaviours, but there are also alot of limitations as well. Some enemy AI is much more predicatable and limited than others. For example Grenadier Swarm never use cover and will just walk toward you firing periodically, and they always do that little animation where they chamber another round inbetween shots (or they will do a longer reload animation when they’re out of ammo), so this makes it easy to time your runs and attacks. Swarm Drones tend to be less predictable and will mix it up - sometimes they’ll use cover and fire from there; and other times they’re rush you and using suppressing fire while they rush. Hunters and Snipers can be cowardly and 4/5 times will run away from you if you move too close to them (but not melee range). Scions will always melee you with their left hand, so if melee them and dodge to your left (and therefore their right side) you can avoid being hit altogether.

Keep at it though. You’ll pick up on these things over time. But a fair amount of Escape is a bit like a memory game with some problem solving attached where you memorise the hive layout, enemy spawns, what enemy encounters are pre-spawned and which are triggered by passing certain thresholds, what weapons are available, and even things like the pace at which you will move in tandem with the venom.

1 Like

my SOLO journey to the MASTERS starter with LAST STAND. These videos made it easier.
LAST STAND my current count 87

TRAP my current count 55

LABYRINTH current count 232

LINE my current count 53

Thanks for the tips! Infiltrator is my favorite class. But being limited to shotguns makes her fairly useless in a large number of hives.

I’ve never soloed a Master, though. I could beat the Gauntlet on Insane solo with the Infiltrator, but everything I’ve mastered has been with help.

Nice! Thanks for the videos. I’ll look them over.

THE LINE, Videos post coming soon. THE LINE, my current count is 53

Only two hives have absolutely no shotguns on them (The Line; and The Wanderer). All other hives have shotguns of some sort. Sometimes it’s via Grenadiers which you have to kill, but once you do that you’ll have what you need.

I actually found the Infiltrator to be my overall best for solo’ing hives. I’ve done all of them solo using various classes (the stronger more optimal classes - not like Mechanic or Architect), but I reckon I’ve done about half of them using Infiltrator.

1 Like

Yeah. Thought I’d use her in the Blight once I saw the grenadiers spawning up front. The next time I go in, nothing but Snipers…. :rofl:

Also, I attempted to solo the Trap based on your video. I could get all the way to the room at the end right before the LZ.

At that point, the amount of enemies just seemed overwhelming.

In my videos, Sometimes I’m just stumbling with the controller. I’ve done it 55 times. Its doable.

1 Like

Having a Longshot helps. There’s always a Sniper in act 1 at the start either down the middle or right side path. Depending on where the enemies spawn specifically in that last room, you can sometimes snipe pretty much all of the drone-class enemies from near the ledge you drop down.

1 Like