Gears 5 Tech Test - Status Update

Im 2h 36 minute wait game TC resolved this problem :raised_hands: thx

Way happier this happened now than at launch. Got in right at 10am PST - I would rather have too much traffic rather than too little - plus if you remember other titles on launch day had this issue and people were just as upset. What have communities have asked for? More testing… so here we are. I am going to try and test PC later to see if there is a difference! Hats off to you all - let’s keep breaking the servers!

1 Like

Always a professional! how ya been? still streaming on mixer?

1 Like

I am not going to comment on the wait times but rather what happened after I manage to get in a game:

1. Can’t switch character in “ Arcade”. Pressing Y, I get the COG symbol indicating that it’s loading but nothing changes.

2. Mulligans seem to be strictly time-based. I used up my incendiaries, and got a kill, and still got my skulls back. As shown in this video https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/adil/video/77289544

1 Like

[Update: 1:30pm PT] We have deployed an update that mitigates the Idle Kick time issue and improves match stability. Effectively immediately, we are gradually adding more players into the Tech Test.

Due to the way the Idle Kick fix works, you may still be Idle Kicked once before it takes effect. If this happens, please DO NOT reboot the game - instead re-queue. When you next rejoin, you should not be idle kicked while matchmaking.

We are continuing to work on the issues listed below. We know you want to play Gears 5, and we’re working on making that happen as soon as we can.

Finding/Joining matches, including 0x00000d6e
Changing characters in Arcade
Tour of Duty not loading

Thank you for your continued reports and patience. Our Technical Test is designed to provide a large scale launch scenario that will help us deliver the best possible experience when the full game releases this September.

Keep getting error GW502. At least 10 times now. Idk what to do.

1 Like

you guys aware that the pc ve rsion is hard feeezing on 10 se ries gpu for gears 5 , the game was working just fine until that update & it hard freezed my pc twice now…

I cant connect to the gears services at all but i went to gears 4 and i could so im assuming thats a problem with the game. Is anyone else having this issue?

1 Like

New issue (0x00000c2c) i can’t conect to the servers

We’re aware that players are still encountering errors.

Our team is looking into these reports and we’ll share more details once we have them.

Known issues will also be updated at the top of the FAQ page: https://www.gears5.com/techtest

Haven’t streamed Gears in a while lol

1 Like

@TC_Octus keep up the good work fixing all these issues. One big one I’m finding is you can not have a squad of 3 or more follow you in to escalation or king of the hill. The “my Squad” does not instantly update to show who is in your squad and when the leader enters a mode the squad can not see the status of the lobby searching.

Gears 5 Tech Test Update: 3pm PT

Matchmaking continues to improve slowly, with our data showing more and more players getting into games. Please bear with us as we continue to work on outstanding issues.

We will provide hourly updates on Tech Test status moving forward.

@TC_Octus
Will there be more control scheme options with the actual release? I use Tournament-alt, and it doesn’t seem to be available with the tech test

3 Likes

Same here. But I decided to use Classic-Alt and remap LB to A and A to LB.

1 Like

@TC_Octus Sorry for asking here, but why is the Feedback thread locked?

Heavily EDITED. Goodluck fixing it.

-Gears of War Tech Test stops mid download.
-Gears Tech Test Wont Boot.
-Cannot Find Matches.
-30 Minute Wait times.
-While waiting for a match, randomly booted/disconnect.
-Match will be found, randomly booted/disconnect.
-Matches sync, then boot to main menu.
-Matches Sync, game freezes.
-Random boots to Xbox Home Menu
-Game freezes at any random point in time.
-Freezing at random points, in game, menu and lobby.
-Qued for an unreal amount of time. [Example 13 days].
-Being booted mid game.
-Squad members being booted while searching for match.
-Squad members unable to join empty lobby.
-FrameRate issues in the Menu.
-FrameRate issues in general.
-Unable to Invite Players at times.
-Unable To Play the game at all

• Escalation, Arcade and KOTH all produce the same errors.
    -Invisible Characters in Menu
    -Expressions audio not playing/emote not activating
    -Audio crackling issues
    -Smoke grenade audio glitches
    -Character cover movements/buttons not registering at times.
    -Both Ranked and Social produce the same issues, though Social seems easier to get into a match.
    -Timer Restarts itself rather than a lobby boot.
    -In Lobby; can not see chosen character icon/face next to name/gamertag, Though other players can see there’s.
    -Error messages very common.
    -Stuck On Loading Screem
    -Stuck On updating playlist screen
    -Tried pulling me into a game, while I was in the menu, DID NOT QUE.
    -Maps ALMOST load up, boot.
    -Can’t change my character at times while waiting in a versus lobby.
    -Found a match, voted on a map, froze.
    -Found a match, voted on a map, booted and given error code.
    -Unable to connect to server at all.
    -All game modes posing issues.
    -Arcade map rolling matches loading screen frozen.
    -Players Spawning with opposite team; Common issue with every Gears game, fix it.
    -Players/Squad not being able to see each other in lobby.
    -Unable to change characters at times.
    -Infinite Loading glitches.

-When match&players are found and lobby creation begins, After 2 or 3 minutes, restarts. It continues to do this the most out of all encountered bugs.

5 Likes

Same

1 Like

Hey TC Octus,

Possible to extend the Test due to these issues? Good luck fixing it!

Have a nice day!

1 Like

Why isn’t there any mention of ranked not working at all? Only thing that seems to kinda work is arcade and its broken, you have to quit out after every match and restart search. I see nobody on twitch playing ranked. How about an update?

2 Likes