Gears 5 Tech Test - Status Update

Awful. Was excited to get my hands on this but now I am going to play Apex. I could understand this if this was a totally new game and stuff, but its pretty much updated Gears of War 4. Gears of war 4 had a better beta launch. and this is a newer and built on game and engine.

4 Likes

The ping is still high in the Middle-East region. :triumph: COME ONNN!! Use the servers.

1 Like

Yes thats Right. it was possible to play gears 4 beta - TC you know that all game pass and GP U would try to play … :cry::cry::cry::cry:

1 Like

Why dont you let everyone know when you guys actually get the servers going. Not wait time to play bs. Me personally, what a bad start seeing a 3 hour wait time., after it kicks me for not pressing buttons for like a min tops. Still having respawning issues in KOTH spawning right next to enemy players just like in gears 4. Having issues with shots not registering. Hm sounds like gears 4. Maybe I shouldint even waist my time getting gears 5 when it’s the same issues as before with gears 4. But hey at least I live and learn. It would be my first gears not to get but this throw me over. This games already in gutter before it even released

1 Like

Rank takes way to long to find a match.
Arcarde. Changing your character takes too long as well. I don’t even bother at the moment.
When I try to reload my weapon something it does not recognize I am even pressing that damn button. Lost control of my character for like 3 seconds :joy: that was funny.
My Tour. “WE HAVE ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR, PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER.”
That is my feedback for the moment.

1 Like

Here are the issues I’ve faced since trying to play the Tech Test:

• Arcade takes forever to load, once map has loaded there is still a loading screen faded with the gameplay in background, takes a while to actually play.
  • When actually playing Arcade couldn’t change characters, stuck as Kait and when I went to change the same loading screen was there everytime.
  • Kept finding matches in KOTH but the lobby dissolved constantly, as soon as it said loading map it would prompt with a message saying “Failed to load game.”
  • Connectivity to servers issues.
  • Wait time frozen.
  • Tour of Duty not loading.

Hope this helps.

7 Likes

This is both a stress test for the servers and a stress test for the players :joy:.

When I’m in a game it’s great. Otherwise I just keep getting booted back to the creating lobby timer a few seconds after the lobby is found and created.

Also stats are not appearing in addition to the tour progress.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I actually got into few matches at the end. Played arcade and KOTH.

First, there are a lot of matchmaking issues. I tried searching for arcade, then cancelled because it took too long. Searched for KOTH, got into a match just to get thrown out and into an arcade match.

The matchmaking is taking really long, and doesn’t seem to recognize if I cancel.

When i do finally get into a match of Arcade, I’m not able to change my character. I also tried playing against a full team of real players, only to have bots as my teammates.

There also seems to be a bit of lag. I played a math of KOTH where the enemies were rubber banding. Saw kill cam of someone who killed me, where I was also doing this on their screen.

Other issues I’m encountering, is that I’m not able to see end game stats, or the tour of duty.

Im 2h 36 minute wait game TC resolved this problem :raised_hands: thx

Way happier this happened now than at launch. Got in right at 10am PST - I would rather have too much traffic rather than too little - plus if you remember other titles on launch day had this issue and people were just as upset. What have communities have asked for? More testing… so here we are. I am going to try and test PC later to see if there is a difference! Hats off to you all - let’s keep breaking the servers!

1 Like

Always a professional! how ya been? still streaming on mixer?

1 Like

I am not going to comment on the wait times but rather what happened after I manage to get in a game:

1. Can’t switch character in “ Arcade”. Pressing Y, I get the COG symbol indicating that it’s loading but nothing changes.

2. Mulligans seem to be strictly time-based. I used up my incendiaries, and got a kill, and still got my skulls back. As shown in this video https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/adil/video/77289544

1 Like

[Update: 1:30pm PT] We have deployed an update that mitigates the Idle Kick time issue and improves match stability. Effectively immediately, we are gradually adding more players into the Tech Test.

Due to the way the Idle Kick fix works, you may still be Idle Kicked once before it takes effect. If this happens, please DO NOT reboot the game - instead re-queue. When you next rejoin, you should not be idle kicked while matchmaking.

We are continuing to work on the issues listed below. We know you want to play Gears 5, and we’re working on making that happen as soon as we can.

Finding/Joining matches, including 0x00000d6e
Changing characters in Arcade
Tour of Duty not loading

Thank you for your continued reports and patience. Our Technical Test is designed to provide a large scale launch scenario that will help us deliver the best possible experience when the full game releases this September.

Keep getting error GW502. At least 10 times now. Idk what to do.

1 Like

you guys aware that the pc ve rsion is hard feeezing on 10 se ries gpu for gears 5 , the game was working just fine until that update & it hard freezed my pc twice now…

I cant connect to the gears services at all but i went to gears 4 and i could so im assuming thats a problem with the game. Is anyone else having this issue?

1 Like

New issue (0x00000c2c) i can’t conect to the servers

We’re aware that players are still encountering errors.

Our team is looking into these reports and we’ll share more details once we have them.

Known issues will also be updated at the top of the FAQ page: https://www.gears5.com/techtest

Haven’t streamed Gears in a while lol

1 Like

@TC_Octus keep up the good work fixing all these issues. One big one I’m finding is you can not have a squad of 3 or more follow you in to escalation or king of the hill. The “my Squad” does not instantly update to show who is in your squad and when the leader enters a mode the squad can not see the status of the lobby searching.