Gears Forums

GEARS 5 TECH TEST? Or Queue simulator?

Tech test is broken. Waited in a 30 minute queue to get forced into bootcamp which I quit to search for an escalation match that I waited 5 minutes to start where I was forcibly kicked for inactivity to a match I never joined leaving me in another 20 minute queue that I waited through to search for a KoTH match that I got booted from and now I’m waiting in a 6hr 30 min queue. How am I supposed to give feedback on a game that literally doesn’t let me play the game. Am I playing the wait in line game or am I playing Gears 5?

21 Likes

Same exact thing happened to me. How are they not prepared? I know it’s a test, but they should’ve been better prepared. SAD.

10 Likes

The entire purpose of this Tech Test is to load test the servers and get them to where they need to be for when the game launches. It’s not a beta looking for bug feedback… Give it a little time, they will get everything ironed out…

7 Likes

NEVER had this issue with Gears3 beta, Gears Judgment Overrun Beta, Gears Ultimate Beta, or even Gears 4 beta. I agree they should have been way better prepared for this cause this is just sad.

14 Likes

Exactly. Same boat. This is very disappointing. I am no dev so I am sure there’s plenty of issues they must be dealing with but at the same time this is far from acceptable.

5 Likes

Same thing here. This is ■■■■■■■■. I mean… i’ts not an open Beta… you can actually have a pretty good estimate of how many players are going to try to connect. Set it up accordingly

8 Likes

That’s exactly what it’s for. FEEDBACK, and yes to test the servers.

2 Likes

How can we give feedback when we can’t play
Its a VERSUS TECH TEST, not a Server Stress Test. That’s what Open Beta’s are for.
Also its not TC’s first GoW and its also on the same platform.

10 Likes

When you watch the commercials that were being advertised for this “Tech Test” it was all about try the game early with preorder and try it early with Gamepass Ultimate but I’ve yet to try the game once. Instead I’ve been playing a queue simulator.

8 Likes

I’ve been stuck on 6 minutes for 30 minutes. Is it stuck or should I wait? Anyone know?

1 Like

Wait it out but you probably won’t find a game once you’re done waiting anyways :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Wow. Exactly. U said it all. @ Anacondal . They have a pretty good idea. It’s not open beta.

YUP same thing kicked out for searching now waiting 2 hours

6 Likes

Same situation here. Playing from Europe. We started a lobby with my friend, then launched Arcade Quickplay. I got kicked but he’s playing right now. I’m back in queue, it says “1h24min” but the timer won’t go down. Dude, I’m working tomorrow I dont have TIME to WAIT.

Me and my friend planned for this day and time weeks ago. I can tell you my excitement has turn into “rage” or sadness, I dont really know but I’m pissed. I WAS in the matchmaking so why sending me back to the queue anyway ? Not fair cause I was here on time.

I’m just gonna close this and play other games. I wake up early tomorrow I dont have time for this crap.

PS : I’m so glad I didnt spend 75 Euros on the pre-order (I got the Tech Test from Game Pass Ultimate, thankfully).

7 Likes

I’m streaming this so its not a good look for them

3 Likes

The gears of war 4 beta was better,

3 Likes

Real shame. I have things to do and wanted to get a game in before hand but I guess not. I’m gonna hop on Gears 4 hopefully they fix this by this soon cause its leaving a sour taste in my mouth seeing as they had people preorder and spend money on gamepass just to play this early.

5 Likes

I’ve been at 12 min for about the same amount pf time now. Was wondering the same thing, but im going to wait and see.

1 Like

IF we could get a pulse check form the devs that be nice, but they’re silent on the issue

1 Like

At this point go play Gears 4 and see if they fix it later. Even if the queue ends you’ll be removed from the actual matchmaking

1 Like