Gears Forums

Gears 5 Tech Test Official FAQ

One week and we’ll know…

If it’s too weak, it will just switch to rifle play.

What makes the Gnasher good is the ability to reward accurate players.

In Comp, you have to be so close for it to register clean shots and even then, it can be very inconsistent.

1 Like

Yup! Game looks great to me though! I love the new maps! Cant wait to try it out!

Can’t say the new maps look anything special.

I hope there are some good ones.

Want to see bigger maps tbh so in King, it’s an area toy control via the ring rather than just just corner or small part of a map.

New maps look pretty big to me. I dont know why they are bringing back Dam and Forge though. Dont really like either of those maps lol.

Mostly for the esports scene I guess.

Update for UK players who have pre-ordered from Game (www.game.co.uk) -

They have updated the product description to mention the Tech Test, so they’re definitely aware. Hopefully this will mean that they send out codes automatically and in time without customers having to enquire and bug them separately. I emailed them this morning asking for an update and haven’t had a response just yet.

1 Like

Many ,many thanks for the info,At last they now can email the codes,instead of us waiting patiently for a customer support who can help

Hey guys,
Does anyone know if GameStop is eventually going to release tech test codes for preorders in the U.S.?

Apparently not

Ok thank you!

You need to call Gamestop.

I did and they apparently don’t know anything lol. Going to have to get the Xbox pass ultimate for a month. Thank you for your help though!

if thats all your getting it for just make sure you go onto the Microsoft website and turn off recurring billing

Will do!

Don’t forget to update your GPU drivers
I have 1060 and I had an error like “the video card stopped working” (when I tried to open the tech test) until I’ve downloaded the latest drivers version.

1 Like

i don’t know How to fix this or even reach out the right people to Fix it

the language works fine On xbox One But not on PC

Forgive my ignorance as I am not familiar with the language, but is the issue that it is too blurry as to be unreadable on PC currently?

If so you may be able to adjust the resolution once the tech test is available for play.

If not, don’t mind me just passing through.

The language shows me inverted and unreadable

See this Pic from Xbox One works find ans readable

This from PC

1 Like

Ah.

Hopefully this gets fixed before the final game. Great thing about the tech test is that bugs can be revealed well before launch.

2 Likes