Gears 5 Store - The End of Fomo And Collectables

Let me know whether you think this is a good thing or bad thing?

As this is my thread I will post my 2 cents. I like that if you were there and worked for it, you earnt it. What you earnt was kinda status. It felt more unique from what others had and it was cool to see what others have that I didn’t.

Sauce:

Doesn’t seem like a bad thing but does make me question how much Iron is worth it now(I have too much of it) unless you’re a very dedicated eSports supporter(I’m not), or Boost can still only be obtained through said currency.

That said, I think Store discussions should be kept to one thread, seeing as there already is one.

1 Like
1 Like

Poor @III_EnVii_III

2 Likes

Didn’t even think of him.

But with that amount of Iron and Boost he had, he probably wouldn’t need to buy much more of it anyway for the rest of Gears 5…

2 Likes

Wonder if scrapping duplicate cards will transfer to Gear coins. Curious as to that conversion rate. Whenever they let us scrap cards of course :pensive:

i knew that investing all my money into iron was a bad idea yet all the conspiracy people told me too

1 Like

Well I know I won’t be getting as much of a purchaseable currency as early in a game in the future again, that’s for sure.

I’m not sold yet, I guess we will have to wait and see.

1 Like

The only thing I ever was annoyed with was that Campaign character skins (i.e. new look JD, etc.) were locked to OP1. I started playing in OP2 and it was little disheartening after first completing the campaign to learn that the new looks for certain characters that were present in the campaign were locked away for good.

1 Like

But at least Hivebuster JD looks great too! :sunglasses:

End of FOMO? I doubt it. TC needs to sell eSports Kait in the store to complete my collection. If not, I don’t honestly consider returning. I’ll jump to Halo Masterchief Collection, at least all the content there is available.

I will pause this thread. Lets see how OP4 pans out. Dana said collectors will not be shafted and not everything will be available.

The original releases sounded WORSE on paper than it may actually be.

1 Like