GEARS 5(Starter Weapons?)

In gears 4 the public outcry from maybe 5 players was the scary hammerburst,and being able to deal with it,so one of the few times TC changes things after a few soso players cry about a scary mean weapon they can’t deal with,shocking i know.so for those of us who haven’t seen the starting weapons yet any idea on what they are?God only knows what weapon will cause the 5 players who can’t deal with the hammerburst to go run to there pc’s and post there fears here again…

1 Like

In other words people who can’t adapt right?

1 Like

I mean I think more than enough people complained thats why they changed it. If it were just 5 soso players then I dont think it would have changed

The hammerburst was a very comman locust and swarm weapon,so just how could starting with it,be such a panic inducing problem?This wasn’t even my real question,what about the starter weapons?

2 Likes

I LOVE the hammerburst. Always have. But it was very OP especially in core. It is much better as a pick up in my opinion

2 Likes

Its not about adapting to change. TC just couldnt balance the weapon

Ummm make it semi auto again like it was in Gears 2, Gears 3 and judgement.

1 Like

Even in those games the gun was kinda op. Also making it semi auto defeats the purpose. Its supposed to be shoot in burst.

1 Like

Then make two versions available, semi auto and burst like judgement did.

1 Like

The hammerburst should have never been semi auto. I think Gears 4 nailed the gun and its a perfect pick up weapon

1 Like

So we are never gonna have variety in loadouts to choose from ever again because people couldn’t adapt to weapons like the Hammerburst? First sawed off goes away then retro becomes a pick up and now Hammerburst? What’s next…snub pistols? :laughing:

The sawed off was trash and the retro was crazy OP in Gears 3. The thing that separated Gears from other shooters was that everyone started with the same things and if you wanted to the more powerful weapons you fought for them. Making the game more skill based. I have no problem with variety but it needs to be balanced. Something Epic and TC both had problems doing

2 Likes

Everything is OP to people obsessed with gnashers, no wonder the game barely evolves.

5 Likes

So did anyone have a anwser to this question.

Gears 4 evolved the rifle play more than any other Gears. Its not about people being obsessed with gnashers its about balance.

1 Like

Not yet seeing as all we’ve really seen so far for MP is Escalation and now arcade. We will find out this Friday

Yet people still complain about lancers as well.

3 Likes

Nope. The Locusts are dead, their Hammerbursts are now rusted. The Swarm can’t manufacture them and the COG wouldn’t want to.

1 Like

The only reason why you calling it OP is because of the headshot damage multiplier they added to the game. It’s why you claiming it’s OP and they added that headshot damage multiplayer to pretty much every weapon including the Lancer, Enforcer and Retro Lancer.

1 Like

I know all about heads hot damage and it has nothing to do with how OP the hammerburst was as a loadout weapon especially when more than 2 people were using it.

1 Like