Gears 5 PVE Quiz (15$ for winner)

Power dropped from Infiltrator kills were worth more. Or something along those lines. I think Lahni had the same passive too.

No clue what the Escape one was. Maybe it was the rubbish every-5-kills-drops-pilfer-ammo?

2 Likes

Yeah it was 25% power increased when enemies killed “near” you (~3 meters). It was a silly passive lol

2 Likes

Kait wasn’t in Escape until Operation 4 - along with Del, Fahz, Marcus. But yeah it was like every 6th execution drops a pilfer box.

1 Like

Which, as a person with Scottish heritage inside of them, he would find hilarious.

Lol didn’t read that part. Oh well :rofl:. #15 messed me up.

Speaking of questions about GOW5 - here’s one for fun.

There is an Escape tile which only appears once in all of the 31/32 Escape maps. Which tile is it?

1 Like

I don’t know the exact name of it but it’s the tile in the second half of The Gatekeepers.

It’s filed with ice and has a ladder to climb down followed by a button-activated door where you fight either a Snatcher/Matriarch. Bunch of ammo boxes and nades in that area.

Oh, there may be two tiles then… I think I ballsed up!

I can only assume you mean the fabricator tile on The Split. I struggle to think of any other that isn’t shared within another hive.

1 Like

Bloody hell, there must be three then!

Yeah that’s the only other one I can think of as well. If those even are considered tiles.

I mean, I don’t know if it properly qualifies as a tile since it’s literally an interactible object attached to another tile, but it’s only on that specific hive, so…

Really though, without a hint, it’s hard to think of any tile that isn’t shared.

There’s also the supply room which appears on The Mines in act 1, on the right-hand side (first of the two). It has a button which drops these metal slides down and gives you access to a U-shaped section which contains a Boomshot, Frags and red ammo boxes.

1 Like

True true. That one and the Gatekeepers one should be the only unique ones. We’re not counting venom timer rooms and such sub-rooms, I imagine.

Answer to 12 could be Pilot aswell btw. jack’s passive was infact changed he used to get 5 Secs of Ult. cooldown if somebody killed a Target marked by Jack.

Pilot did have its passive changed. Originally, it had an actually unique passive which was basically a lesser version of Tact’s Recharge Bounty, providing you ult cooldown of a few seconds if a marked target died(or was killed by you, I don’t recall).

Of course TC, in their infinite wisdom(stupidity) decided that was too useful and gave it the complete dog ■■■■ “Damage taken gives cooldown proportional to the damage”, because of “consistency”. While it is literally so inconsequential in either mode that it might as well not be there.

2 Likes

Just checked, you’re right but it wasnt unique since i do remember Jack having the same Passive.

Maybe, but I still think Pilot should’ve kept it all the same.

I think they should of gave him a special Passive like everybody else has gotten over Time, the Pilot is the only Class besides Engineers with one of those OP2-3 “weak” Passives. Well, atleast Engineer Passive Abilities are useful.

I think +30% Explosive Damage would of been neat. Not that Pilot really lacks in Damage or anything i just think its unfair this Class is the only one with a useless Passive.

The generic tank passive of “damage taken recharges your ultimate” is so stupid anyways. I guess for some classes it makes sense. But for the Pilot it could’ve been something like “consecutive critical hits with Dropshot cause extra stun time”. Or literally anything else.

1 Like