Gears 5 PVE Quiz (15$ for winner)

Here

1 Like

Answers:

1. A - (1500 power I believe) - Frenzy gives you the most.

2. D - 60 (2 x 6 fortification types X 5 Grenade types)

3. A - Wave 8 (8,9 is when you get Wardens anyway, other than mini boss waves)

4. D - We have no idea how many of those 41 revives were from the guy actually hitting X on a person versus self-revive himself or his teammates. Hitting X would revive the teammate but wouldn’t heal any fortifications. So there’s not enough info.

5. I think it’s the Terminator Dark Fate event.

6. A - Barrier.
    Barrier would be 8250 (3000 X 2.75), Weapons locker 8125 (2500 X 3.25), Forge 7500 (2000 X 3.75)

7. B - Venom Ash

8. B - Ice Queen

9. C - -5:59 - (4:00 + 1:00) = -10:59

10. I believe it’s iFreemZ. This is from October 6, 2019 (only a month post launch) Gears 5 Solo Master Difficulty Escape Run - The Hive - YouTube

11. B - Operation 5

12. D - Mechanic. The 15% discount passive has never changed as far as I remember - other than starting at 10%.

13. C - Kat. Now known as Architect.

14. B - Op 3 - JD lost Lancer GL. Op 4 reduced bleed/changed load out, Op5 changed skill cards etc…

15. A - Even Tougher Enemies (has always been 3x health) atleast in Horde. Even Stronger Enemies on Forever USED to be 4x damage dealt to you and now its 3x.

Phew.

2 Likes

Well, uh, the modifier names are actually inverted. Even Stronger Enemies is the damage modifier, while Even Tougher Enemies is the one which makes them uber sponges.

!

Pepper! Oh, so we’re going there, aye?!

They ARE, yes, and I’m always willing to get into another argument with your lot down south who refuse them!

It’s actually fun :smile:.

Ah, there we go. A terrific example of simple cooperation.

Much obliged :money_mouth_face:.

1 Like

Yeah the Escape definition is different that’s why it’s kinda a tricky question lol. But yes in Horde - Stronger (3x enemy health), Tougher (3x enemy damage).

I was referring to the Escape modifier (Even Stronger Enemies) that changed from 4x to 3x lethal. Which is inverted name - you are correct. That’s so dumb TC lol.

No, it’s the same in Horde. Tougher refers to the 3x health mod, damage is the Stronger Enemies mod.

1 Like

I figured I can’t read once again. It’s been early :stuck_out_tongue:
This is also correct, my solution is wrong (but who’s doing such weird math tho)

1 Like

Correct, my brain farted. I kinda had a feeling that Jack’s zapping thingy was a new thing and somehow just had the Turret in mind of Mechanic (which is obviously not his passive…). However I somehow also had in mind that it changed from 10% to 15% after reading this but seems I’m wrong about that.

1 Like

Yeah you’re right. The wording is a bit confusing but yeah Tougher (extra health), Stronger (extra damage) for either mode.

I feel like I got them all but @AmicableWall421 is making me doubt myself on #15 lol. I got it though. :smiley:

I bet Dana is the sort of person who, if he owned a shop in England or Wales, would refuse to accept Scottish notes (and probably Northern Ireland ones too) and refer to it as “funny money”.

Yea the last question is weird… I mean Ironman is even a “modifier” (sort of) in campaign too which got me a bit confused there.

The Even Stronger Enemies and Even Tougher Enemies got me confused too. Somehow had them completely mixed up. I was so sure one was for damage, the other for health, checked some videos, misread their descriptions and got it entirely wrong anyways lol

1 Like

Welp this was a fun quiz. Thanks OP.

1 Like

That’s why I specified that for Escape on Forever, the Even Stronger Enemies (extra damage) modifier changed. But the Even Tougher Enemies (Extra health) has always been the same regardless of Horde/Escape. Tricky question anyways lol.

That reminds me TC never built a hive around the triple health mod because it was only introduced in Op 5 with the daily modifier sets.

Whether it would’ve been anything good to play is a different question, just something that came to my mind just now.

1 Like

No they never did because they shafted Escape post Op 4 :(. Maybe if custom matches had custom mutators then we could’ve experimented with it.

I’m banned from anything pve bro

1 Like

You’re correct about it. It was 10% at one point. But the other 3 classes (Infiltrator, Veteran, Jack) have had a brand new passive. The mechanic has the same passive it’s just better than it once was.

What was the passive before they decoupled the classes? I don’t remember.

1 Like