Gears Forums

Gears 5 Predictions

I wouldn´t mind a cliffhanger as the ending but honestly, I fear Gears 5 will tank badly and at this point I´m already doubting whether there will really be a Gears 6. So I´m not too sure on the whole cliffhanger thing. If Gears 5 turns out to be the end of the franchise, I´d like to get atleast an ending, that is conclusive in some way.

Here are my predictions:

• Visit New Hope (confirmed, I know)
  • Visit ruins of Nexus
  • Visit UIR lands
  • Meet Paduk (He is kinda confirmed for Escape, soo)
  • Marcus will die, probably towards the end
  • Kait get´s taken by the Swarm towards the end
  • Some big relevation regarding Imulsion. (like it being destroyed was an interference into the natural cycle etc.)
  • Revelation about Myrrahs origins and Locust origins
  • Some retconning regarding the Locust origins, I believe
  • big, unexpected revelation about the windflares
  • Seeing that the Swarm is able to create Sires (Atleast I don´t know why else they would be in Swarm hives, as seen in Escape), I think it will be revealed that the Swarm and Scions are planning to recreate the original Locust horde. So maybe we will meet actual Locust at some point in the game.
  • Swarm versions of Reavers, Corpsers, Berserkers

Well, she’s in a lot of danger. I don’t expect her to become the new leader of the Swarm but I doubt we’ll see the cliché of working towards a big boss, beat it and save the day. Since this time there’s so much more possible I’d be quite disappointed if this were the case in Gears 5. Whether it’s Kait being captured, going into exile, commit suicide or something else, it better be different than usual.

I agree about the Marcus part but I can imagine it’ll be JD taking the initiative. It would be a bit tricky to give Marcus a big role since the new saga’s main characters are Kait, JD and Del. There’s a risk of Marcus pushing the other characters aside.

Cliffhangers are absolutely terrible, which is what makes them good :slight_smile:

Well, we’ll most likely see a Gears 6 - no matter if Gears 5’s a poor game or not. With Pop! and Tactics, it’s clear that there will be a lot more Gears to come.

My humble opinion on your points:

• Considering we’ve seen a scene where Del and Kait are most likely traveling towards Mount Kadar, this seems quite certain. The question would be: how can they visit it when the Hollows were underwater?
  • Paduk has to be as old as Hoffman. I don’t know how he fits in yet - perhaps related to some flashback story;
  • Ah, Imulsion. Kinda forgot about that - it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s related to the Windflares and other natural disasters;
  • During Gears 2, you seal the room where the Sires are being kept in stasis. Since not all were killed during that campaign and we know that Del and Kait will visit New Hope, they’ll most likely get to see them there. Correct me if I’m wrong, but Sires decent from people that progressed beyond rustlung, combined with some twisted genetic modification in New Hope. Imulsion is no longer around so it’s unlikely that Sires can be ‘remade’. Sires are probably included in Escape due to them being an enemy you encounter during campaign, the mode Escape itself won’t be storyline related - just like Horde;
  • We’ll get berserkers. What I’d like to see are Swarm Therons and Swarm Kantus.

I don´t mean the quality, I mean the sales. So far it seems there is no hype whatsoever for Gears 5. I think the game might flop commercially, but we will have to wait.

I think not all parts of the hollow are flooded. We will either visit some clean parts or there will be indeed under-water levels. Generally, those are not really good in most games but we´ll have to wait and see how they manage to do that in Gears 5. Otherwise I could imagine the Swarm having built something and drained the water somehow.

As for Paduk, well, he was in one of the Escape character screens, unless that was a fake. So it seems that he is still in fighting condition. Then again, you can see old Hoffman running around in MP despite him being in a wheelchair in the story. Same with Sirens. I thought that Hivebusters was in some way story-related, especially since there are the comics about it. If Escape is only MP and non-canon, than we might indeed see them only at New Hope. I´m kinda mad that they´ve spoiled that already. It would have been epic coming to New Hope, not knowing whether they have survived or not. As for the Sires becoming Locust, from what I understand Locust were Sire children. So I guess that they can try to use the Sires to recreate Locust.

As for Imulsion, I generally think it will come up in some way or form. For example, the Swarm shows a lot of Lambent traits. (Some Swarm exploding, orange juice, all the flesh you find in the hives, it kinda reminds me of the Stalks from 3.) After all, Imulsion was the central element of the story. Locust only existed because of Imulsion, Pendelum wars because of Imulsion, Lambent etc. I don´t think it´s gone, I think they will reveal some big stuff and that destroying Imulsion, or interfering in the cycle, will lead to unforseen consequences for the whole planet.

I´d like to see Kantus but they will probably get another role this time around, because Scions are already working as healers. I don´t think Therons would be different from Scions all that much, but I´m all for variety, so hopefully.