I wouldn´t mind a cliffhanger as the ending but honestly, I fear Gears 5 will tank badly and at this point I´m already doubting whether there will really be a Gears 6. So I´m not too sure on the whole cliffhanger thing. If Gears 5 turns out to be the end of the franchise, I´d like to get atleast an ending, that is conclusive in some way.
Here are my predictions:
- Visit New Hope (confirmed, I know)
- Visit ruins of Nexus
- Visit UIR lands
- Meet Paduk (He is kinda confirmed for Escape, soo)
- Marcus will die, probably towards the end
- Kait get´s taken by the Swarm towards the end
- Some big relevation regarding Imulsion. (like it being destroyed was an interference into the natural cycle etc.)
- Revelation about Myrrahs origins and Locust origins
- Some retconning regarding the Locust origins, I believe
- big, unexpected revelation about the windflares
- Seeing that the Swarm is able to create Sires (Atleast I don´t know why else they would be in Swarm hives, as seen in Escape), I think it will be revealed that the Swarm and Scions are planning to recreate the original Locust horde. So maybe we will meet actual Locust at some point in the game.
- Swarm versions of Reavers, Corpsers, Berserkers