Gears Forums

Gears 5 New Weapon Reticles

I was watching some videos and I noticed these. Being the two favoured weapons I use, I had to post this.

The Hammerburst I can deal with, it hasn’t changed too much:

But on the other hand, the Boltok…

What is that? Seriously? That’s pathetic. Why change it when the one before was eventually bearable?:

Or even better, do me a favour and finally revert it back to it’s perfect one in Gears 3:

This probably won’t matter to a lot of people, but it does to me. I haven’t really checked other weapons yet, this just annoyed me. I just hope when you walk with the Boltok you can still use it with ONE hand…

15 Likes

Yeah, I noticed this too. Really not a fan of the Boltok reticle. Have no idea why they changed it, there was no reason to. New one looks awful.

1 Like

I miss the OG Boltok one, but I can’t say I’m annoyed in the change from 4 to 5.

Hammerburst is a good change IMO.

2 Likes

Actually I like new reticles except for the Boltok one that seems like a worse version of the Gorgon one

2 Likes

Same, nothing beats it :+1:

And yes the Hammerburst one I can deal with.

1 Like

I noticed that the enforcer’s reticle looked really weird too

1 Like

TC do have a funny taste in Reticles, I don’t see why it’s so necessary to change it drastically, with certain guns, from each game.

The Gow 3 boltok reticle was the best hands down.

3 Likes

I’ll be honest, I like the new boltok retical better

1 Like

I don’t like any of the new crosshairs. Sniper and Gnasher are awful.

Don’t change what isn’t broken.

4 Likes

Well look who it is! :joy:

Really though? Impossible.

1 Like

Exactly.

2 Likes

I prefer the new one !

2 Likes

I just like trying to ruin your day

2 Likes

Ha! I can’t argue with that, I’d do the same :joy:

2 Likes

Why did they change the Gears 4 Boltok reticle? It was like, just perfect.

1 Like

To be honest the new boltok reticle looks good to me. It suits pretty well enemy head.
Really strange changes are enforcer and longshot. Enforcer round reticle looks weird because the whole DB weapon set has simple square forms and old reticle suits it wery well. By the way that round reticle looks like a shotgun reticle from the other games, so it’s even more weird.
New longshot reticle has just cross with dot, so it’s ok by itself, but i see it’s not very comfortable for noscope shots.
I think they changed reticles to make them more suitable for pc.
P.S. I’m ok with new gnasher reticle.

3 Likes

Oooh, another one of those rare times we agree! I know, it was actually alright in the end!

Fair enough.

Interesting, I haven’t had a look at the Enforcer or Longshot reticule yet. I’ll need to check it out, doesn’t sound promising.

Yeh. Well, I’m not sure what to make of the Hammerburst but the way 4s reticle actually showed how much your Boltok shots would spread depending on how quickly you fired it was real nice.

1 Like