Gears Forums

Gears 5 Multiplayer Maps

Alright, so obviously we all would love a game with maps we’ve never played before that SMASH the old maps out of the water. But being realistic. Gears map design peaked with Gears 2 and started to fall off with Gears 3 DLC, when it comes to Gears 4, the only maps that I’ll ever remember are Foundation, Dawn and Harbour. But even then they’d never be among my top 15, maybe 20 Gears maps.

So, knowing that Gears 5 might have the odd good map, perhaps, one good map for every three bad ones. Which classic maps would you love to see return?

I love Blood Drive and gridlock but, they’ve become way too campy with the improvement of the lancer, I’d honestly rather Gridlock stay out. Blood Drive is 50/50 for me.

Checkout is the other map that always seems to return, wouldn’t love it, wouldn’t hate it, if it came back in 5, as is clocktower and raven down, but I’d be completely fine with them coming back if I’m honest.

There’s loads of maps that have never appeared again though that were great.

Obviously, River is one that’s brought up CONSTANTLY.

But looking at the more underrated maps, Pavilion, Ruins, Day One, Mansion, Subway, Underhill, Grind Yard, Overpass, Thrashball and Trenches.

3 Likes

Gears 1 and 2 had the best maps and 3 had some good ones.

I can only pick 4 that I like from 4.

The maps need to be a little bigger to accommodate the rifle play and the cost of being further out of the map, especially in modes like King.

Gears 5 Remake Maps Wishlist:

Canals
Garden
Mausoleum
Process
Raven Down
Subway

Allfathers Garden
Memorial
Nowhere
Pavilion
River
Ruins

Academy
Azura
Depths
Trenches

Dawn
Foundation
Reclaimed
Lift Apex

But any of those would be good :v:

1 Like

I like that entire list, but then you threw Reclaimed at me and I almost threw my laptop out of the window.

2 Likes

I’ll take that :sweat_smile:

Reclaimed isn’t a must :v:

I’ll take 3 different variations of River please…

River
Dark River
Rainy River
Muddy River
Dry River
River River

Please and thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll add those to the list :joy:

1 Like

Jacinto,river and ruins best maps

3 Likes

They are good maps, sure :+1:

Personally I’d love to see the original Mansion from Gears 1 return but other than that I’d probably pick River, Subway, Day One, Ruins and Stasis.

Oh, also Overpass and Azura. Can’t be forgetting all the Gears 3 nostalgia can I? :fist:

Map list here:

1 Like

I honestly despise checkout and would rather it stay gone this time around.

1 Like

maps that I would want back are:

Mansion
escalation
Bullet Marsh
Highway
River
nowhere
mines/railway
Day 1 (yes that was an actual name of a launch map from a Gears 2)
Ruins

1 Like

Good to see someone that enjoyed that map aswell :+1:

It was nice map to look at and I had interesting matches in horde on it plus I would like to see an aftermath version of what it would look like now after many years.

1 Like

Overpass and Azura only if they bring back the Gears 3 hammerburst

1 Like

Agree with most of them but i would like this list

Canals
Garden
Mansion
Gridlock
Process
Raven Down
Subway

Allfathers Garden
Memorial
Nowhere
River
Underhill
Courtyard
Goldrush
Security

Trenches
Mercy
Thrasball
Dry Dock
Hotel

Foundation

If maps were gonna return, I would rather they were viable with both Versus and Horde gameplay.

Checkout doesn’t even turn up for Horde rotation in Gears 4. It used to, but not sure what changed then. It might have not been a good Horde map after all. What’s the point of introducing or bringing a map back, when it won’t be used much for Horde either?

So yeah, I’d rather returning maps that will work successfully in Horde too. Rather than excluding them from rotation permanently.

Speyer doesn’t even turn up in rotation for Horde anymore. Why? Because it’s not a good map?

I enjoyed most of the maps from Gears 4. Fallout and Speyer are two that haven’t been mentioned yet. As for returning maps, I’m good with anything but Checkout, Raven Down, Blood Drive, Gridlock, and Hotel. These maps have been played to death at this point and need some time off before they are brought back. If they do a similar release schedule to Gears 4, I would like to see a rotation of one new and one remaster. Or alternate between two new and two remaster. Of course no map variants (ie Impact Dark).

Oh! My baby. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

I’d give that single post 1,000 likes. Legend.

1 Like

True, I remember barricading ourselves in the main building with the Boomshield! Back when Horde was at it’s original and best.

1 Like

River, Mansion, Ruins–pretty much anything from Gears 2; launch & DLC content.

I’m really, really tired of Gridlock. I do not want to play it, again.

2 Likes