Gears 5 movement mechanics

So from watching E3 and the gameplay they rocked with, one things for sure. The movements more up tempo, I did notice the distance you were able to slide to cover from and it was huge! I’m keen to play this beta and get a feel for myself man!

Let me know your thoughts…

1 Like

I think that movement was with a certain card boosting the agility.

It won’t be in versus.

2 Likes

Even so wouldn’t that simply affect the speed? The sliding distance would be the same regardless the character wouldn’t it?

Thanks for your insight man

1 Like

The card was for Distance.

Something about escaping situations.

:+1:

1 Like

Went right over my head that one, it’s obvious now!

What’re your overall expectations for versus?

1 Like

I haven’t seen Versus yet.

What we’ve seen is the new mode Escape.

PvE is not my thing.

The real MP will be shown on 12th July I believe.

Then we can all play it on 17th and get a real impression :v:

2 Likes

I know you haven’t seen it, no one has but we can still have preconceptions cant we? Personally I don’t like PvE either, roll on the 17th man.

Can’t wait :facepunch:t2:

2 Likes

I want to reserve judgement just because I have high hopes for it and I don’t want to be let down.

So all positives till I play it.

The customisations look really good though!!

2 Likes

Universal Tuning here and im thumb upping this thread

Gears 5 may finally have one tuning :eyes:

2 Likes

Really? I haven’t been around much recently so I’m trying to catch up with all the news and rumors

Yeah.

The BETA is going to be Aracde and I think Escalation 2.0.

So this could mean that all the modes now have one tuning.

Because otherwise they might have done a mix or Ranked and Competitive Modes rather than straight up Competitive Modes which are less popular.

Nothings been 100% confirmed but this is what it looks like.

1 Like

Escalation 2.0 cant wait to jump on that, sounds about right tho tbh. I always played core but progressively leaned towards competitive during gears 4.

King 2.0 - can’t wait to jump on that!!!

1 Like

I believe you are correct that this could be a good sign that TC is leaning towards one tuning and if this is the case I can only see it being a positive for the entire franchise.

2 Likes

It was a card that increased his slide by like 40-60%

2 Likes

Okay cool glad that was cleared up, that’s pretty sick. Was going to say imagine having that sliding distance in versus😅

I am praying that TC does not let you down my man

I’ve been let down before so nothing new there :+1:

lol…

in other words, one tuning means remaining 85% population is gone.

Lets be honest, we are not expecting “one shot” KOTH and TDM folks to adapt to “close encounter+escape” escalation.

1 Like