Gears 5 is going in the wrong direction

(LorrdexPL) #42

But they still may have JD chapters like the ones with Cole in Gears 3

(NotGonHappenFam) #43

i don’t know about you but if my grandmother was the queen of some alien race i’d wanna know why too not to mention they want me to be their new queen and killed my mother…but yeah let’s just focus on this war fellas

(Bleeding Pepper) #44

The trailer definitely grabbed my interest. I wouldn’t put to much emphasis on the “Tomb Raider” esque sections. It wouldn’t surprise me if they were just interactive cutscenes where the player presses a couple of buttons and the characters talk and add exposition.

I welcome Kait as the main character. JD was very weak, and I always thought that Kait and Del were just more interesting and human. Given the implied links to Myrrah it makes sense for this to be Kait’s story now.

The shift to Swarm-mutated Deebee enemies adds a certain menace to proceedings. It does seem quite Dead Space esque though. It at least adds variety to the range of Swarm enemies instead of just humanoids with different weapons!

(NotGonHappenFam) #45

you didnt finish gears 4 did you…it was the most obvious choice if they were gonna make a sequel

(lukebazz91) #46

JD looks pretty cool with the scars and gammy arm, the gear with an english accent looks cool as well. I hope kait turns on them and marcus is the one to put her down with doms knife putting him back on top in his rightful place in the story.

(Ektope) #47

Maybe.
About 4-players co-op, it looks like Kait + Del are going to be 2-players co-op.
I don’t know if there ever will be sections with 4-player squads, would be great if so.
Maybe in JD’s team.

(LorrdexPL) #48

Something I really like about this trailer - There were moments where I felt actual fear and threat, which IMHO was something that was really lacking in 4.

(DRGY55) #49

I feel this. I actually got some more survival horror vibes from parts of it, like where Kait is armed only with the pistol against those “infected” DeeBees.

(II K1NGK3NNY II) #50

It has me interested. JD looks cool and the change of direction may be best. Honestly though, it’s really all about MP for me so I just hope TC gets it right and doesn’t rush out this game like they did with 4.

(GhostofDelta2) #51

I am super excited. Glad they have a story with a much better premise this time.

(lukebazz91) #52

You mean like having two weapon tunings?
Or poor hit detection that happens frequently?
Or no unlockable characters?
Or a wallbounce cooldown?
Or a weird active system?
But a cool knife execution and well made classes for horde.

(SamHain13x) #53

Story wise is heading where it should be. They can’t just throw that Kait is Myrrah’s grandaughter and not explain anything. We had enough of that in this series. New hope? How the locust breed a huge army in so little time? All the explanation between the Sires, locust and Myrrah family?

They owe us something, it’s been almost 10 years since they pulled New Hope Facility out of nowhere and retconned the impression that the locust were an ancient native species of Sera plus they made the Nexus in Gears 2 look so old making things even less believable, enough trying to run from this matter because they wroted themselves into a corner and can’t come up with a plausible explanation on the locust origins while prefering to have the fanbase solve this issue to them with a bunch of origin theories.

They seem to be trying to explain it now, even if it will be a bad written origin story full of plotholes I want to see what they can do. This can either go great or end up being the biggest mistake in gears of war story.

Focusing on Kait have a deeper meaning and will add the gears of war lore, but now that they made JD actually look like a Gear in this one I want to play as him.

The bad issue for me is the gameplay, not really liking what I saw.

(chainsawsquirel) #54

This game literally just jumped 10 steps forward. It doesn’t even look like a gears game anymore, more like a mish-mash of tomb raider and halo or something. One thing’s for sure, this is a BIG RISK TC have taken.

(OneShotOneRAGE) #55

Absolutely loved what i saw, JD be looking like a badass!

(Capta1nMorgan01) #56

Yes but he spends the first two games fighting the war because that’s more important at the moment. In 3 he’s looking for his father because Adam is the key to ending it. It was a great mix of personal reasons and finishing the mission

(Slipping Flames) #57

Way to early to call it one way or the other. I’m sure I’ll buy it. I think TC has and will do a good job with making a provocative campaign. Really would like to see some replay ability in it. Not just for achievements either.

Can’t wait to see horde clips.

Hope multiplayer will finally address lag comp and let the high pingers stay on the bottom instead of punishing people with quality connections.

Looks like some additional movement elements are present though I need to watch the trailer a few more times to be sure.

(SamHain13x) #58

Ok now after watching it again, Kait does sound too whinny. Like a triggered feminist.

Great JD. You triggered her and now she will become Myrrah 2.0.

(Capta1nMorgan01) #59

I could definitely compromise on that but they promised a back and forth story in an interview about gears of war 3 and it didn’t turn out as planned.

(xSTREET GIBSx) #60

I thought it was great. I think they should keep doing what they are doing. Not hard to be better than gears 4

(Capta1nMorgan01) #61

“This isn’t about you, it’s about me.” That’s how people die. She’s just a spoiled brat who’s about to get a lot of people killed.