Gears Forums

Gears 5 is going in the wrong direction

The problem isn’t the fact that it’s a female character the problem is that she’s a terrible character.

3 Likes

You’re getting worked up and making a lot of assumptions given how little info you have about the game. To me, the tiny bits we’ve been shown have more of an old-school Resident Evil feel to them than Tomb Raider and that’s really what the old games felt like. They had that creepiness to the enemies, but with tons more action.

Still, far too early for us to act like we know how this game is going to play out.

7 Likes

When i saw the Gears 4 E3 trailer and they introduced the pouncer i thought it looked exactly like a Resident Evil enemy and didn’t belong in Gears…and well actually i still think that

2 Likes

For me its honestly way too early to call. I haven’t seen comprehensive gameplay or what modes are available in 5. That trailer may have only shown a fraction of a possibly great or disappointing story. I am going to get this game when it is released to judge for myself and if it is bad I will return it but its just too early to call.

As for the possible Kait driven story I very welcome it. The recent campaign ending left myself with a lot of questions and I am looking forward and hoping they will be answered.

2 Likes

Those new enemies are already creepy, especially the DeeBee’s.
A transforming Swarm/DeeBee with Tri-Shot…
That eel-like worm creature…
Kinda bring the dormant Dead Space feel.

5 Likes

I just hope its less Borked then 4.

3 Likes

To me, it looks they’re taking risks; which is exactly what I wanted! I’m wired for this.

22 Likes

Gears 5 can go any direction it wants as long as we get a reliable and consistent multiplayer…but considering how Gears 4 online is that is unlikely.

5 Likes

everything looks awesome looking forward to seeing more.

1 Like

I didn’t get the impression of risks taken. In fact, it looked pretty safe in that the framework/play/feel seems very much like the Gears we know. I predicted it would have to be this way because of the fairly quick turn around between 4 and 5.
However, if you’re talking about story line, you may be right. I was never very interested in the characters introduced in #4 but Kait’s journey might turn out to be very interesting.

Ultimately, Gears is mostly about multiplayer VS since that’s where the player base mostly resides and I’m curious to see if they’re doing anything adventurous there. The new weapons and enemies make me think that Horde will be a lot of fun.

5 Likes

Not really if you’ll look at achievement stats, according to trueachievements.com:

56% of GoW4 players finished the campaign
56% reached level 10
25% reached level 50
14% re-uped once

In Gears 3 69% completed the campaing and only 29% reached level 50.

4 Likes

didnt marcus LITERALLY start off this franchise incarcerated BECAUSE he went searching for his father instead of focusing on the war??

14 Likes

It looked ok but felt a bit flat, i spent more time trying to uncurl my toes when they announced the mobile game.

Yes, that’s true.
He even had a dream sequence in Gears 3 Prologue, with his father in mind thinking he was dead.

2 Likes

May have a bit of a split campaign. I could see us switching back and forth between Kait and Del searching for answers, and JD and Marcus doing COG stuff.

3 Likes

not buying, hope they do better next gears…

1 Like

Simply looking at the player counts in Gears 3 when the game was at its peak was proof positive that the campaign was widely popular. It almost always had more players than all versus modes combined.

Gears is the exception, not the rule. In a time where a lot of people never touch shooter campaigns, a lot of people play it JUST for the campaign. I play it for all modes and I want it to deliver everywhere; campaign, versus, horde. Hell, I’d welcome back beast mode. I think it could be amazing if it drew from the entire Gears enemy gallery.

3 Likes

That’s pretty much what Rod said. We’re gonna see JD and Marcus most likely defending New Ephyra.

Oh ok. Didn’t actually see Rods presentation, only just caught the trailer a few minutes ago. Thanks.

That’s pretty much what Rod said. We’re gonna see JD and Marcus most likely defending New Ephyra.

in the game news you can read that kate is now the protagonist…