Gears Forums

Gears 5 is going in the wrong direction

(SPARTAN B301) #342

I wish you were wrong but it seems like it. I enjoy games with a female character from time to time but if Gears is what it is today it’s due to Marcus & his buddies.

:frowning:

(III EnVii III) #343

We only assume he is dead - perhaps the general had a tiny bit of life left as he fell into it and would have otherwise died :thinking:

(Buster McTunder) #344

Yeah no. He’s dead.

(mizzelphug) #345

I put 6 Boomshots and 10 Torquebow shots into his face. Dude is dead. lol

(gigidyimonaboat) #346

Same thing I was thinking… And before doing that he actually punched Hoffeman and knocked him on his a$$… Then told him to eff off… And more then a platoon… When he left he had the targeting reticle for the Hammer of Dawn that was suppose to be used to stop the Locust from taking a large part of Jacinto…

There is no other way in my mind the story should have went, other then to tell the story of what happened in the last few minutes of Gears 4… I am hoping the new book will fill in a good amount of detail leading up to Gears 5 as well :smiley:

(Buster McTunder) #347

I thought it was Ephyra? Not Jacinto?

(Duffman GB) #348

Hi Gears
So are we aware of this from TA website
Gears 5 Multiplayer to be Revealed During ELEAGUE Gears Summer Series.
The Coalition will show players what they can expect when they’ll show footage from the Versus multiplayer modes in a new Esports series in June.

:slight_smile:

(T0NY HAYABUSA) #349

I feel we will either get the Beta date at E3 or during the Eleague series show when they show the MP.

(T0NY HAYABUSA) #350

I hope Kait gets ran through and we never find out about her supposed locust/swarm ties.

(Duffman GB) #351

Morning Gearheads

(Circa Darkrage) #352

After Episode 8, fans are left perplexed with the Snoke storyline, which is my biggest worry for Anya especially. Things may be cleared up in Episode 9 (or in some book or something), but atm, there is no purpose for having Snoke as a character.

But it seems like a lot of anger for Jinn and Reyna’s Outsider camp lies in what happened in Settlement 2. And we dont know what happened to make these characters feel so strongly about it.

And, looking back, I’m perplexed at Marcus’ behaviour. Living on your own for years on end with little contact with the outside world is going to affect you mentally, let alone having his wife die unexpectedly and having a fractious relationship with his son. Kait was the perfect excuse to revisit this backstory, with her only meeting JD and Del recently, for this backstory to be revealed, but it isn’t.

I hope the next few titles explain this in a bit more detail, because atm, it looks like the writers are just shoving a major character in the first 3 games under the rug.

As I said, I dont want everything answered in specific detail. But, a little story on the effect this had on JD and Marcus, would explain why this father and son relationship isn’t working, because atm, there is very little to go on.

(Buster McTunder) #353

Yeah that’s true. But to give him credit, Marcus has gone through a lot…the Slab, Pendulum Wars, Locust Wars. Losing Dom and his dad within a few hours of one another. I’d say losing Anya might be the worst but he doesn’t seem like the kind of character to be swept up by his own grief.

(III EnVii III) #354

I don’t know, he looked pretty distant when JD first goes back to meet him, the estate looking all neglected. Can’t imagine it being like that with Anya around. Only his Tomato crops seemed to be kept going.

(Buster McTunder) #355

Well maybe but I wouldn’t think him harmed to a big extreme. He obviously put a lot of effort into the custom Lancers and escape tunnel. Plus. No man gets that bod in their 60s from sitting around. He might drink but must work hard enough not to have a beer belly.

(III EnVii III) #356

He has to do something to deal with the grief.

Working out is something good to focus your energy and efforts on.

(ll R E D l) #357

I always said this about Marcus, hes kinda like the Gears version of Batman. He always has a plan and if the plan doesnt work out he comes up with a good one on the spot. And to further prove my point he has his own “Batcave” and a bunch of weapons just randomly around the estate lol

(III EnVii III) #358

Sounds about right :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(Buster McTunder) #359

It sounds like you’re starting an argument and then immediately reinforce what I said…

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #360

Yeah, which is why I just tortured myself at the gym today…
Goin’ for that 6 pack

(N1K Leonhart) #361

Kait is gonna kill Marcus,it’s so obvious.