Gears 5 is going in the wrong direction

(JTxFang) #230

I’m fairly certain myrrah was one of the scientists researching the sires.

(ImARocketsFan) #231

Its actually not gonna be called “Gears of War 5” from what I heard the title is simply “Gears 5”

(iTs HeX1c) #232

I heard about that too.

(THIRD GEN GAMER) #233

To be honest, Gears Of War 4 did not impress me as much as Gears Of War. The gameplay and graphics were amazing. The prologue was 5 out of 5. Unfortunately, after that, the rest of the game felt lackluster and void of immersion. The story and characters “felt” bland, at best.

After Gears Of War story ended, I was hyped for Gears Of War 2 release. The plot captivated me. I thought about the events that unfolded and imagine how the story would play out before GOW2 would be released. I fell in love.

By ending of Gears Of War 4, even after the “big reveal” I sat there,watching the credits roll, thinking 'So that’s the ends. Back to multiplayer. ’ I could feel for the next generation of soldiers. I felt more for First Minister Jinn, and her plans to capture the squad and expose what exactly JD was trained for (I would enjoy seeing her added as a multiplayer character) as a COG.

Gears 5 renewed my excitement for a moment. Then I analyzes the dialogue and realized that this was only a red herring. Kait is not going to become the new queen and she will not kill Del. This feels like a slow drawn process for a mediocrity story. Maybe it’s the way TC underperformed on Gears Of War 4’s storyline that has me feeling this way. Also, the way the conversation played out during the trailer was badly written after Kait and Del’s first contact. Badly written.

(JTxFang) #234

I’d give it time. You’ll NEVER have the original feeling, tbh. You’ve been through the original games already.

(III EnVii III) #235

I was the opposite.

I thought after the prologue - Act 1 was terrible.

2-5 was good.

I didn’t see any spoilers so I was genuinely fearful of what would happen to Marcus and also so happy and excited to see the other old characters, now aged, appear.

I was also so shocked at the end as well.

Gears 2 I think had one of the best campaigns but 4 was really good.

5 looks set to be even better. Those Snow and Jungle shots looked amazing :+1:

(GhostofDelta2) #236

I am with you here. I got very sick of the slow robot parts.

(III EnVii III) #237

I actually almost gave up it was so slow but glad I stuck it out in the end. You can tell TC added that in for filler …

(JTxFang) #238

At the very least the chapters established what the universe was like without breaking the ‘show, don’t tell’ rule.

(o Magical Hobo) #239

who cares about the story… i am more concerned about he direction MP is going o.O

(Stoic Slab) #240

(FrienofthedeviL) #241

It would make sense that they’d go in similar directions, given they both came from TC

(EssPooPooFilth) #242

Campaign is far important than multiplayer in the grand scheme of things. The Campaign will sell the majority casuals on the game, something the hardcore community doesn’t seem to understand.

(HUG3 N3WB) #243

Lol.

I agree that it looks good, but they’re not making the game out of the goodness of their hearts, they’re making it to make money.

(HUG3 N3WB) #244

He got banned from the forums

(HUG3 N3WB) #245

Dude, you are trolling this thread hard. I’d rather have people in the community who speak the truth, than TC apologists who make out that all the problems in the game are because of the players.

Give me a break dude

(Junglist Shoota) #246

Again!? He/she was on this forum not too long ago.

(HUG3 N3WB) #247

He got a ban until 3020 IIRC. Seemed a bit harsh imho.

(ILL WILL 863) #248

I understand both sides. But I side more with the community being terrible.

(o Magical Hobo) #249

ya but we all know the only reason people play this gmae is because of MP and its the only reason it lasted this long