Gears 5 i have a little question :/

So i posted some days ago that i have a problem with my connection when i try to play gears 5 online (PC player), today my internet providers came to my house to check my connection and i dont have any issues with it, it seems that is only with gears 5 that i have a really weird connection and i already re-installed the game twice since the gridiron update and the problem persists, also in every single match i play it appears this weird icon on the bottom right corner which i dont now what means. Thanks for anybody that reads this post and i wish you stay safe and healthy in this cuarintine. stay safe people.

2 Likes

Thanks, i read the thread but there is no solution for this kind of problem?.

It means you’re having connection issues, where are you, what country?

Im from México, i know people that have the same internet provider that i have and they dont have this kind of issues
I have total play internet (Optic Fiber) and 40 Mbps

Normally I hear about people in the US having problems connecting to Mexico players. Guess it just goes both way.

The pciture of the icon seems to describe packet loss, but I do not believe TC have ever confimred or explained what the network icons mean.
TBH this could just as likely be an issue with TC’s server (their usgae of azure leaves a lot to be desired and so does their netcode in general).

That’s just these guys

1 Like

Well, with my previous internet provider i didnt had any issues like this, that is why im really confused about the problem :frowning:

The “tips” that are sometimes displayed on loading screens explain that the WiFi icon means connection issues. No idea what squares mean but I’m guessing it is “catastrophic network failure imminent” or something like that.

2 Likes

Because it looks severed, I would assume it means the connection is failing and it might boot you.

1 Like

I’m tired of this Sherlock Holmes stuff

1 Like

Still waiting on a response from TC support about those squares

I added it to my Quality of Life thread.

1 Like

It’s packet loss.
You can have high speed but still suffer packet loss. It often shows up in ping tests, but not always. When everyone is at home and the internet nodes in the neighborhood get saturated, this becomes more noticeable. I would have a tech test for packet loss.

1 Like

It shows a square (or packet if you will) missing hence my assumption.
As this is TC we are talking about I’m going with :
We are actively junking the packets you send to the datacentre because that other guy has 1,000 ping.

I’m sorry I only speak in memes. These super abstract “shapes” are meaningless to me.

sigh
via Imgflip Meme Generator

Now I feel like an old man.

1 Like

That is a good meme. I’m proud of you.

1 Like