Gears Forums

Gears 5 horde mode changes

Does anybody know if the amount of rounds has been reduced from 50 to finish a game?
Having to play a full 50 levels was boring until wave 20 when the difficulty started to get a little harder.
Plus people would always leave half way through witch made competing level 50 almost impossible.
Also the time it took to play from level 1-50 witch quite often clocked in at nearly 2 hours put some people off. I for one didn’t like to be tied down to playing horde for a full two hours at a time

It doesn’t seem like it. Horde definitely still has 50 waves as standard.

But TC may do something like Halo reach and have shorter playlist options.

Its like a week until we get the whole Horde reveal, so makes more sense to just wait and find out the full details than speculate.

2 Likes

There’s an express horde option available now in gow4 (which I begged for hundreds of times in the old forums) but i believe it’s casual difficulty only, which is super boring.

In general I hope horde is given much deserved love this time. It’s a game type that defined other horde type game modes in other games. They need to step it up. Gears 4 horde was very repetitive and just not enjoyable for many as gears 3 was. That’s mainly due to lack of weapon and enemy variety. But gears 5 horde is already looking bad.

1 Like

Since the beginning, horde has always required 2.5 to 3 hours to play. Then speedrunners came along and ruined that experience.

If you can’t allocate that time, don’t buy the game.