Gears Forums

Gears 5 Gone Soft

Of course it’s political correctness. Not allowing smoking in Gears 5 just isn’t a great example of it. The idea of a game being alternated to meet ones agenda instead of being created based off of the source material is in fact political correctness.

Rod Ferguson being the individual pushing his own personal beliefs about smoking onto a game that has no relation to the real world and or impact on reality would be still be somewhat an example of political correctness. Especially given that smoking has absolutely no meaning in the game whatsoever, it’s completely aimless to cut that from the game. Therefore; an individual’s personal belief is influencing the game. That is political correctness,

Political correctness doesn’t have to be strictly about female lead characters or having equal representation of ethnic backgrounds, Those are just more obvious extreme examples.

That wasn’t directed at Rod Ferguson or Gears 5 necessarily. I was encompassing the gaming industry.

See how my follow up sentence made that more clear

“And even if they came from the studio it’s still this new culture of trying to hide bad things or have massive inclusion that feels so fake and forced its awful. I hope this culture dies” (BCI Chainsaw)

@SeriousGearMan

Obviously the game isn’t about smoking and we don’t have established characters where cigarettes are apart of their character model. Well, we have Barrick in like 1 cut scene??? I think. So it’s not a big deal. And is Barrick even coming back to Gears 5? Point being I think Gears 5 will be fine without smoking character models lol
But my concerns isn’t about this specific case. It’s about this new idea where Game developers or other organizations think it’s ok to put their own personal beliefs in games an expect everyone to be on board with their ideas.

Battlefield 5 would be a perfect example.

A lead developer, Maybe even a higher up with EA made a hilariously idiotic remark about female inclusion on World War 2 video games.

He leveraged his own daughters naive opinion on having women fight in WW2 because she felt it wasn’t fair to only see men fight in wars. Granted the article made her sound very young so its excusable for a child but to have an adult use that because inclusion is more important than creating a game that fans want not too mention staying true to history; it’s just nonsense to me.

So ya, Gears 5 will be fine. But Game Developers and other lobbyist need to stop. And im not necessarily saying I disagree with Rod Ferguson. Smoking is really bad and apparently it has a much larger impact on his life so its understandable that he’s campaigned against smoking supposedly for a while in the Gears of War franchise. It’s a good thing none of the characters really circulate around smoking so its not really going to impact character roles.

1 Like

I love the smell of overreactions in the morning.

8 Likes

So your angry at something that doesn’t mess with the game at all? I think you should focus on other things lol. Coalition is doing a good thing to try to help the community who struggles with these products. Grow up man.

5 Likes

“A brand that now is embracing full political correctness, inclusiveness ( which that is fine with me)

Stopped reading

cry about your ciggys lib

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/XcIW2_xsZ_M

A video of someone complaining about Gears 5 being censored for cash, with the first two minutes all about selling t-shirts :rofl:

4 Likes

Gambling addiction is far worse @HungryMeatbal1z

1 Like

Yeah it should be called Gears Light now.

1 Like

It’s a rated M video game. All this matters why?

Not really a big deal, not the end of the world, there’s nothing good about smoking anyway and I smoke