Gears 5 Footsteps

Where are they? I wear Astros every now and then when I play and am literally getting jumped scared after being gibbed from behind with no sound.

4 Likes

They are all running around wearing Nike Air Max Stealth’s.

5 Likes

They must have some good custom fits if even Fahz is sneaking up on me.

1 Like

Probably wearing Nike Air Mag “Back to the Future” .

1 Like

I was just thinking about making a thread about this, never had this issue in Gears 4 and sadly I can’t hear people sneaking up on me and kill me from behind all the time

2 Likes

I have no problems hearing footstep’s, it’s actually really noticable. Even without a headset. Does the character dialogue sound settings have anything to do with it.

I can always hear people in front of me even around walls, but for some reason whenever someone comes from behind (except the terminators) I can’t hear em.

1 Like

Hopefully they fix it I never tested the footstep’s from directly behind, the min I hear anything my head is on a swivel. I only play koth with the way the spawn’s are I’m always hearing so sort of footstep’s.

Footsteps were way worse in 4. 5 is better, but still nowhere near perfect.

2 Likes

It could also be that TC really upped the volume on a lot of the voice lines and gun shots / explosions which can muffle out some of the footsteps (at least in my experience).

@PaintingPizza37 I’m hoping for Gears 3 audio, but know it will never come back.

The only issue I’ve had with the sound of footsteps is the fact that regardless of whether the enemy is above or below you, the sound is the same, so you start to become paranoid when playing on maps like Exhibit and Training Ground. But my guess is that’s more of a design flaw than an actual bug, which may never be addressed imo.

2 Likes

I can’t think of a lot of old maps that allowed people to walk directly underneath opposing players (i.e overhead platforms). Wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t properly implement vertical audio.

2 Likes

Same here! I thought I was the only one

1 Like