Gears 5 Dev Stream - June 25

Here’s the Youtube VOD of the stream from today, just wrapped up.

For a “lore-focused” stream I learned nothing about the lore today except for “Negative Space.”

Also @GhostofDelta2 I spammed my Kantus theory and nuthin.

2 Likes

I noticed :wink:

Also saw Andius make a cameo in the chat.

2 Likes

It was her version of “We can’t talk about it”.

Also Dana said at the end there will be no stream next week as it’s a Canadian Holiday. So the next stream will be July 9th, which would be the final stream before Operation 4 launches. I highly doubt they’ll have Michael on for the PvE stream. It’ll likely be focused around everything coming with Operation 4.

2 Likes

I am hoping that would be a reason to have him on, but I have been waiting for that PVE stream for months, so I am not holding my breath.

3 Likes

Same here lol. I’m glad they had a gameplay focused and now a lore focused one. I just want the same for the PvE side. They’ve pushed it back numerous times and said it would be closer to Op4 so they could talk about what’s coming. I just don’t see it happening.

2 Likes

It begs the question…if no one can talk about what’s in op 4 in detail…then maybe very little is in Op 4!!!

3 Likes

It seemed less like “We can’t talk about it,” and more just “we don’t have an answer,” because she said that she couldn’t talk about things when it came to it.

Like someone asked “Why didn’t they throw the knife at Myrrah?” and she responded with something along the lines of, “Because it–wasn’t an option.”

Weak answers like that, which didn’t really answer any questions.

1 Like

Havent finished it, but so far I’m like 90% sure JD is the canon death (sadly). I really hope I’m wrong, but idk just got a bad vibe while they were talking about it

1 Like

Ahhh the “decision “ I could not play for a week after it.

Bring back Guardian!!!

2 Likes

I always felt like Del’s was cannon as JD’s reaction seems to be a lot more personal and whatnot, plus it brings JD and Marcus closer together.

2 Likes

I hope you are right. My sons name is James. I just couldn’t choose Del. I couldn’t even go back to choose Del it was just to disturbing for me.

Bring back Guardian!!!

2 Likes

Yea Gameplay wise Dels just felt more natural (aside from Macrus reacting to JDs death but that’s obvious why) but just the way they talk about it to me just gives me the vibe of JD being the canon death

just pure speculation though, still hope my vibes are wrong

Kinda like how everyone at epic games wanted Clay to die in 3. Yeah, i got a bad feeling too

2 Likes

Nah I’m very sure Del’s death is canon.

I’m not a fan of J.D. and normally I’d say Marcus deserves to suffer for murdering the Queen, but there’s an element of nostalgia that surrounds Marcus in the newer game. So it’s because of that I feel he doesn’t deserve anymore pain. We have Baird, Del is expendable.

Del signed his own death warrant when he got that eyebrow piercing anyway.

7 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Today is going to be a good day

2 Likes

Got bored after 10 minutes, wasn’t as interested in the lore as I thought i’d be. Plus the constant stream of people asking questions on pvp in a lore stream. Idiots.

2 Likes