Gears 5 - Crashing on Startup

Thank you, I could kiss you right now :innocent:

2 Likes

I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kiss you on mouth!

2 Likes

Thank you, it worked for me too.

3 Likes

Damn!!! I hace an X-fi too.

Im gong to try!

I hope the fix it, i dont like the integranted audio cards.

1 Like

That worked for me - I disabled my xfi-card and chose the sound from the gpu and now it works, thank you so much :v::+1:t2::muscle:t2::nerd_face:

1 Like

X-fi too ! in the right corner of my screen, i selected the Realtek instead of X-fi and it’s working now !

WTF is that bug ? :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

It was a problem for forza h4 too, for month the sound was full of static noise. Took them months to fix. I should have thought of this myself. Time for a new card I guess.

1 Like

I change the driver manual of the xfi… i hace selected “high def audio” on drivers and it works…

2 Likes

Disable your Soundcard (I have Creative Audigi X-fi) Switch to default On Board sound card
With Xfi Sound Card selected as my default the game would not launch.
When I switched to Onboard sound card it launch ok.

(Microsoft has some issues with SoundCards- Forza Horizon 4 is infamous for having issues with Audigy sound cards)

1 Like

It actually works. I disabled my sound card (x-fi) in device manager and game is launch.
Good job MS
Ticket #4372
Fix for x-fi set to "24 Bit, 96000 Hz (Studio quality)"

5 Likes

I have X-Fi too, I can confirm that fix work.

1 Like

Tank you a lot!

Now we have a nice solution!!!

1 Like

Changing my X-Fi to 24 Bit, 96000 Hz (Studio quality) also fixed my issue. No need to disable it now.

2 Likes

I don’t have a dedicated sound card and I still have this problem. GTX 1070, i7-7700k, 16gb RAM, latest Windows and drivers. Contacted support and no response at all yet. This is really disheartening :frowning:

2 Likes

Thank you!

Awesome! Thank you for sharing this is the same issue I had as well :smiley:

Didn’t think about the sound card as I haven’t had issues like that since using Windows 7!

Thanks guys :slight_smile: i set my xfi to 24 bit 96000hz and it worked. But what a joke this bug…

1 Like

I love you guys, thanks for the fix!

I couldn’t play the tech test because of this bug and thought I was screwed for the full release.

1 Like

I’m having the same thing too. Game won’t go past the Xbox game studios logo.

1 Like

Hey have you found a solution to the problem? im experiencing the same issue as you!