Gears 5 controller settings. Dead zone. Aim etc

Hey can anyone recommend some good controller settings for gears 5? Inner and outer dead zones. Aim acceleration. Etc. I find this game very different then the other gears games and I’m getting killed really easy in ranked versus. Any settings would be appreciated. Thanks.

24(ish)
Accel 10
Outer dead 0
Inner dead 5-6

That said, ive been struggling with these controls compared to 4

Thanks bud! Appreciate that. Yeah I agree everything feels sluggish compared to gears 4. I hate the maps lol. Feels like cod

I’ve also been struggling to get comfortable with the sensitivity settings in 5 vs 4, feels different, especially with the recoil changes.
In 4, my settings were 30, 28, 28 with a 2 Inner Deadzone

In 5, I’m currently at 26, 25, 25 with a 1 Inner Deadzone
I like to use rifles and twitch shots with the sniper and boltok, but this game feels different for sure. Hope this helps some.

I use 30 30 30 and haven’t touched dead zones. I used to hate it years ago but now I wish there was an option higher than 30.

1 Like

I do ok

So I like the controller of any other gears of war but gears 5 feels horrible I just wanna have the controller like the gears of war 3 what’s the perfect setting for it ? Anybody?

I swear on everything god-like that it’s the “Aim-Assist” go ahead and turn the incest off and watch it’s going to run smooth. Turn it off and you might actually have to lower your settings a tad cause the characters just runs and turns really fast with the aim assist off. when a man says does on and a bad guy gets near you in your character automatically tries to ten point on his like area and when you a more run by him or look at anything man I’m telling you turn that aim assist s*** off

Sir. Please proof read your post and edit.
I think i know what your saying or the gist of it?

2 Likes

Classic Alt

It just depends if you play on default, tourney, or shooter. hope you find settings that you’re comfortable with.

This got necro’d but you want 30-30-whatever, 10 aim accel. The top dead zone is subjective, people either want 0/1 or 10. 0/1 if you want to turn faster, helps camera bouncing etc. 10 is if you want to more stability, and the way you play gow is primarily aiming with your characters body position instead of aiming by panning/sweeping, so I’m on team 10. You sacrifice a bit of speed for way more stability.

The second dead zone I don’t believe is debatable, it’s 0 or you’re putting yourself at a disadvantage. The second dead zone controls your left stick, you basically always want this to be as sensitive as possible, helps you angle bounce faster and change directions while moving faster. If you have an elite series two controller, go into the left joystick settings, but left stick on instant and crank the sensitivity all the way up there as well.

As for what scheme, the easiest thing to do is play defaulternate so I recommend that. If you’re playing default right now, there’s basically no reason not to learn defaulternate it’ll be very easy to transition, you might even start playing better immediately.

1 Like

I just started using default alt, it’s a bit funny to use tbh but I can see myself using it over what I usually use (Tournament)

I’ll have to check this later so I can become a snubbs clone.

I agree with this 100%. I turned off aim assist and play 10 times better and lowered settings. I was constantly changing my settings since launch now im set

Ctl Alt with Elite 2 controller,
Paddle left - wallbounce, right paddle - roadie run. Bottom right paddle - Melee, no bottom left paddle as its uncomfortable to grip (big hands lol) 28, 26,26, Accel 10, Inner 1, Outer 0
Aim assist off, FOV 90%
I find if you have it at 100, feels like your getting chunked from so far away

Gt tag ViiiTaLs - Add anytime to play, we got some good fun people, no bs.