Gears Forums

Gears 5 campaign

(IFeeDmeIMORE) #1

Please please please bring back 4 player co-op campaign in Gears 5. I don’t understand why Gears 4 didn’t have 4 player co-op campaign; especially since the majority of the story line consisted of 4 characters simultaneously in the same act with each other.

(Al Bundy 33hero) #2

Maybe it’s because they wanted to push the graphic capabilities. When they released it, there was a big emphasis on “look at THIS!!!”. I’d rather have the ability to do 4 person campaign with a scaled back graphics option. I’ve had so many people want to play campaign online (esp other couples) and we can’t.

I fear that the whole “Kait’s Journey” thing will limit this to 2 players. I’ve seen just Kait, Del, and Jax in many scenes.

(Ektope) #3

It could be possible that JD’s squad might be four players coop.
But I wouldn’t count on it.
Can you imagine doing Inconceivable or Ironman with four players?
An absolute nightmare and less risk involved if two players.

(EssPooPooFilth) #4

No, four player coop would limit gameplay design immensely. If TC want to make the campaign something special then two player coop is the way to go. You can’t really do stuff like setpieces and story-orientated gameplay moments with four player coop.

(Duffman GB) #5

Been confirmed it is 2 player :frowning: I agree in wanting 4, OP. I loved gears 3 in 4 player and J also, even though that was a far poorer campaign except for Aftermath.

(Duffman GB) #6

Not sure I agree at all, Gears 3 campaign was very epic and the vehicle sections and set pieces still played out wonderful. Likewise I can’t think of one moment…even that moment where we suffered due to it being 4 and not 2 player.

(S IK O IR G E) #7

I disagree, I think four-player co-op was too large. All the environments were made larger, all interactions and all combat scenarios, everything needed to account for four players.

I think two is the sweet spot.

(MrXboxlivenoob) #8

Yeah I agree, it worked so well in gears 3 and was well received by everyone. I’d also like to see gears 5 campaign having an arcade mode like gears 3 and being able to get some sort of incentive or reward other than achievements to replay the campaign after you’ve finished it. I feel like the campaign was boring to replay just to go back for the achievements and after you got the achievements then there was no other reason to go back and replay the campaign.

What I liked about gears 3 is that I loved the story a lot and that campaign had the cinematic main story and arcade mode to play too and in my off time when I wasn’t playing multiplayer, I found myself going back through campaign just to play through it again and the best part is that I was getting xp even though I didn’t need it because I was already 100 but that was one of the good things about it.

I really hope tc consider this for gears 5. I hope they consider some kind of incentive to replay through campaign other than achievements to beat it on a harder difficulty.

(Duffman GB) #9

I know this is a small detail but one that annoys me. Why during the campaign is it TC did not program the current load out when you enter a cut scene.
Seems lazy when nearly every other game I play can keep the weapons you are holding and not make them default when going into a scripted scene.

Currently playing WD2. and although I have changed Marcus’s (the lead is also called Marcus) outfit several times and weapon skins, the game knows and renders once I hit a cut screen.

Hopefully 5 will also do this with the weapons and any skins assuming we get them for campaign, which we should. It all just adds to the immersion I feel.