Gears 5 campaign early review (new Series X owner)

I was finally able to purchase a Series X last week. I purchased Gears 5 during Live Gold (thanks!) but I didn’t play it. I upraded of course, and these are my early thoughts:

WOW!!!

OMG!!!

I just can’t help it! I haven’t been on the forums in a long time. But what better place to express myself, and my appreciation for this achievement?

I’m so blown away! Gears once again gives a glimpse of what can be accomplished on the new system, just as Gears of War showed us on Xbox 360. This game is BEAUTIFUL in HDR! THIS is the reason we upgrade our tvs first (I have a Samsung Q80R!)

I’m only 2 chapters in…but holy hell! I’m so inspired to be back once again. Not only does the game look great, but I love the gameplay choices and AI. My teammates can finally shoot! Plus, using Jack is great! I no longer have to do everything. I feel like I’m in a real war, with real help! There’s so much goin on onscreen at once! It’s awesome!

Can’t wait to jump into MP and all DLC once I finish the campaign! My fav franchise is back! Thankyou, Microsoft, Coalition, and Epic Games! :clap:t6::clap:t6::clap:t6::clap:t6:

5 Likes

Good to hear, read. Enjoy yourself :+1::ok_hand: Did you know you can play with custom skins ? actually there are a few mutators you can add should you wish.

I wasn’t aware. Thankyou!

WOW! You have missed a lot…,.I wish I did also.

Enjoy the game.

Also when your done play Tactics, excellent game. Not a genre I would usually touch, but as it is basically from Gears 1-J timeline, well a bit before but still (i.e the best timeline) it is unmissable to a Gearhead :+1::ok_hand:

1 Like

Got you! That sounds like a real plan.

You may not want to do that…

2 Likes

:rofl: