Gears 5 arcade mode…

Just wondering if gears 5 arcade mode will make its way back anytime soon…

Yeah, did they ever even give a reason for why it was never brought back?

Kinda weird that the servers were finicky, it was taken down temporarily, then it just kind of… never came back.

Yeah no further information. Gutting for me because I loved it. Nearer to the gears judgement pvp I loved. Most people I know who don’t play gears pvp because they hated the traditional gears experience had no idea arcade was even a thing.

Sure it had balance issues but I firmly believe it’s nearer to a game type this game needs to carry on existing. I occasionally go into the custom games but the wait time between matches irritates me.

1 Like

I hope arcade never shows its ugly face again

1 Like

It doesn’t bother me that it’s no longer available in Quickplay, as long as it’s available in private matches as it’s useful for quick Daily Objectives.

1 Like

Out of curiosity and a slight change of direction but why do you need to target any objectives anymore? I must admit I did at the start of this rotation as I missed the whole of the last one, so had no idea how short the reward chain is. Especially with boost I was done in about 10 days!

There’s nothing to spend the iron on and I have enough coins anyway to buy every skin in the game. I don’t play as much as most but I can’t see why people would need to even look at the daily objectives anymore???

1 Like

I’m currently focusing on levelling up all my classes (only Protector, Slugger and Striker remain and Seriously 5.0 Pt.2 is mine) so it’s useful for the extra coins to spend levelling up each classes’ most useful cards quicker. Even more so now that each objective has double the amount of stars it used to have.

I can see your point though. I won’t bother with them at all as soon as I’ve reached 20 with Striker.

2 Likes

Ah yes silly me, I forgot about cards! How soon you forget about that grind :laughing:

1 Like

Oh how soon I will indeed! I’m driving this house crazy with the daily CXP commitment :joy:.

1 Like

Good question, should’ve been added back to Gears 5, it was unique mode that anyone can join in and have great fun with some abilities, Gears 5 has been stripped of everything that makes it unique

2 Likes

Arcade was fun before every character they added had explosives or some way to make you explode.