Gears Forums

Gears 4 2.0 (versus gameplay)

You realize that this is a new game right? With different tunings for each weapon compared to Gears 4? The overall gib range of the Gnasher seems to be slightly lower than Core and larger than Competitive tuning.

1 Like

So far, we haven’t seen any online play.

It’s on LAN.

The real test will be how it works over internet and with high pingers.

I hope it doesn’t break down like 4.

The EU Region is very good though, at launch I expect full lobbies of 5-30ms players.

2 Likes

I thought the gib range was smaller than competitive. This was a second shot. This distance is typically a gib in competitive tuning. Worst case should have been a down. He didnt get downed until the third hit.

From what i see shotgun looks nerfed even from competitive tuning, but the shot registration is on point. The shot consistency looks improved. Add new servers to the mix we should have very smooth,

consistent gameplay.

The servers are now double the tickrate, so online will def be better than Gears 4

5 Likes

I hope lag comp isn’t as aggressive and high pingers don’t break the game!

2 Likes

Nah I don’t think so

Well they just lagged out on LAN lmao so idk

3 Likes

:sweat_smile:

Maybe Xbox Crashed :eyes:

I am pretty amazed so far from what I have seen from Gears 5. Especially from the gameplay SASxShADOWZ uploaded on YouTube yesterday.

Take a look.

Hard to tell until we play most of these guys are getting tagged with lancer from somewhere before they get hit with shotgun.

New servers dead already lol.

You can see the percentages on the HUD tho, he only got tagged for 13% with the Lancer unless my eyes deceive me.

I don´t think it´s too fair to compare the transition from Gears 4 to 5 to the transition from Gears 1 to 2.

Gears 2 was the second installment in the franchise and Gears 1 was good but needed some polish.
Gears 5 on the other hand is the fifth entry in the main-line. I personally don´t want it to change the core gameplay but I think some bigger changes could have been made. However, I believe to many it´s more about the aesthetics. Graphics could be better but yeah, it´s hardware from 2013 and by now it´s become barely possible to make giant leaps in graphics. We will never see such a leap in graphics, as we did with the transition from Gears 1 to 2. These times are over. However, I think people are generally not too happy with the Gears 4 artstyle. I can´t really say what it is, but Gears 4 looks way too clean. It looks outright cartoonish at times, which is due to the characters (Even the normal ones, not just all that colorblast etc.) and some design choices. For example, that DB metal just looks…boring? This blue-yellowish DB stuff. From what I see, many don´t seem to dig that style. And then the first map they show, is this training ground, which is again, more of that DB stuff.

But they made some improvements already. The Armors are thicker again, resembling old-school Gears more and they seem to have got ridden of all the cheesy designs of Gears 4.

1 Like

Uh Gears 2 was VERY diffferent from Gears 1. They ran on completely different engines if I recall.

Technically you could say the same same seeing as this is the 2nd installment from TC

1 Like

One thing i’m not a fan of is how human aestetics in Training Grounds was used.
I like that tower built on brick walls, but all other parts of the map are 100% DB.
Backgrounds looks great no doubt, but inside territory of map need more human architecture, maybe something like 70/30%. I love the idea built the map on the remnants, but it’s too DB.

Well, technically, but then again, they already have 3 (4 if you count Judgment) titles that they could use as groundwork, when it comes to Story-telling, Art-Design, map-design etc. Also, Rod Fergusson is part of studio. I know, new engine and they needed to reprogram all the gameplay etc. from scratch, probably. It´s just weird, because they announced that Gears 5 would be way more experimental than Gears 4 and so far, it looks pretty much like Gears 4.5.
Then again, maybe they are saving all of that for the Campaign?

Watched it today, looks indeed amazing. The old Gears 4 maps are screaming boring, but otherwise it does indeed seem great. It looks like they might have finally fixed the Gnasher and maybe the game won´t have the same problems as Gears 4. Shooting looks interesting too.

Design-wise, I really like District. Training grounds looks just boring, too much DB stuff. But Disctrict is pretty awesome. Love the Aesthetics of it. New character designs are also great, especially Kait and JD. Kait looks soooo much better without that stupid hat.

The new Hunters are epic.
“Yes, Kill moooore”. I love them. :+1:

1 Like

Yea, I agree, I dont like that they put old Gears 4 maps in 5.

EDIT: Sorry, opened the wrong browser lol. Ignore this