Game Crash During Cutscenes (on AMD?)

Not sure where people are on this, but I just downloaded and started playing Gears 4 for the first time on my PC, and I am sorely disappointed. Looks like an awesome game, except that the game crashes in the middle of every single cut-scene of the campaign. I’ve only made it through the first couple of missions in the prologue, and I’ve given it up.

Any workarounds would be appreciated. I’ve seen numerous postings across this and other forums about issues/conflicts with Nvidia drivers, but I have not seen anything really related to any AMD issues.

Running i7-8700K OC to 4.6Ghz, 16GB RAM, Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8 gb, with the latest drivers and windows updates installed, tried dialing back the graphics settings from ultra to high and used the “recommended” settings as well.

I haven’t tried to uninstall/reinstall, but I’m trying to try any other solutions first, seeing as this is a 110+ gb download and, though my download connection is fine, I don’t carry an unlimited data plan with my cable company.

What driver are you using? I just ran through the first few prologue missions on 18.9.3 and had no crashes so you could try rolling back. Said driver will still crash on the first cutscene of act 3 though. I’d also recommend turning off a-sync compute and putting a limit on your framerate.

This is the first ive heard of crashing on every cutscene so if its not the driver its probably a problem unique to you.

I am also running 18.9.3. Gameplay is just fine, it is only the cutscenes that are the issue. I also have turned off a-sync and tried lowering the graphics down to “medium”. I have not limited the framerate at this point, but i’m willing to give it a try, as well as rolling back the drivers.

The only other thing i might think to do is to load my default settings in my BIOS and try running without any overclock on the processor. I already reset my graphics card to factory settings vs OC and that didn’t change anything. You’ve given me a couple of ideas, I’ll report back if anything works.