Gears Forums

Frustration for PC community

(Kitten Britchez) #21

I’ve contemplated trying PC myself and this issue is a definite deterrent.

(PhakDiesel) #22

I’ve updated the driver and was able to run 2 games of horde. Horde is where the majority of game crashes occurred for me, so hopefully this has help fix the issue. :+1:

(SmokeTastyBuds) #23

My thoughts exactly, especially with tactics coming out for PC I was thinking that 2019 might be the year I make the switch.
I know tactics is likely to see a console release but I’m getting rather sick of buying a whole new console every 2 years.

(III EnVii III) #24

Ah that’s very good news!

And fingers crossed for you!

So far I’ve not had any freezing :crossed_fingers:

(Me0wMix CatFood) #25

What card are you using? I just put together a system with a 10 series card and am going to download drivers today. Wondering if I should DL the newest drivers or an older, Gears-friendly one.

(III EnVii III) #26

He has said he is using a 1080 Ti :+1:

(Metal Gear Mo) #27

Hey fam! It looks like the driver fix for Nvidia pascal cards is FINALLY here!!! 398.36 is now available to download, and Gears 4 is listed as the first “Fixed issue”.

“Pascal GPUs][Gears of War 4][DirectX12]: Blue-screen crash may occur while playing the game. [2008731]”

Woooo hooo!

(HUG3 N3WB) #28

Yep. Just let’s do more testing before we jump for joy.

I’m testing right now, but it’ll take a long time before I can say 100%. Like at least 12 hours

(Metal Gear Mo) #29

I’m just excited! I’ve been waiting to install new hardware, not wanting to subject it to the crashing. I hope it fixes the issue for everyone.

(HUG3 N3WB) #30

My results so far as less than pleasing :confused:

(PhakDiesel) #31

Yup, specifically EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

(BodyOnPCin1080p) #32

Made a post of my own on this today agreed its total crap this is still going on.

(RYZEN1985) #33

totally agree, only game AAA that we do not care