Gears Forums

Frustration for PC community

(Jack the Simple) #1

I’m going to make this short and sweet, hopefully I am speaking for the majority of players as well. WHY is it that after a year or so since the PC freezing started, has this not been fixed!? Of course though game content is still being pushed for this game and their continuing support for it but the majority of pc players have already quit and moved on to something better. Yet Coalition expects us to buy into Gears 5 when this game has been broken for the PC population for over a year now (making ranking up harder than it should be and at the same time you risk messing up other people’s ranks due to me having to restart the PC and then starting the game back up just to TRY and make it back in time) . This game has become a freaking joke and I am on the edge about continuing my support for this franchise.

(HUG3 N3WB) #2

I’ll like/upvote every single thread made on this topic.

As a PC player myself, I am beyond infuriated by this.

It’s absolutely disgraceful and you can rest assured that if this issue was affecting the Xbox one, it’d be fixed within a week, regardless of the complexity.

Name me one other AAA game released in the last two years that is broken this bad on PC that has gone over a year without being fixed. I can’t think of one.

They really don’t give a crap about us PC gamers. The fact that they’re still allowed to sell this game on the windows store is criminal.

Let’s not worry though, they’re “investigating” it. If you believe that, I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

(Skelface) #3

Forza Horizon 3 randomly resets your graphical settings and some people still have CPU issue.

Oh wait, another Microsoft game!

(HUG3 N3WB) #4

Even that is nothing compared to this game literally crashing which makes you lose XP/credits and even gets you banned/suspended from matchmaking because the game is too dumb to know the difference between a real quit and the game freezing/crashing or the server kicking you out.

Sigh

(Jack the Simple) #5

Spot on my friend. I’ve been a die hard fan and was excited when I found out Gears 4 was coming to PC, that excitement died a year and some change ago. :frowning:

(HUG3 N3WB) #6

What’s worse is that I’m a gears nerd and have of course been using the year old driver just so I can play this game and have had to shelve plans for other games as a result

(Skelface) #7

Yeah, nothing like Gears of War 4, just naming another Microsoft game with issues on PC (Playground fixed the stuttering 9 months later!).

I can’t do any of the latest Horde achievements because there’s always a risk the game crashes.

(III EnVii III) #8

It’s super frustrating.

My game has yet to crash since June but sucks to know it can happen anytime.

(Metal Gear Mo) #9

I finally ■■■■■■■ crashed using Nvidia’s latest driver, 398.11. :persevere: It happend last night during the ■■■■ show from the servers, and after about 90 mins of searching for a match, my game freezes halfway into a ranked KOTH lobby crippling my team in the process. I tried at least two dozen times to get back in to the match, but the game won’t let me. It kept giving me errors that the game was “already finished, or no longer accepting new players”.

Really?

I know the game isn’t over because I can hear my team losing on mic! At that point I really started to question my loyalty to this franchise.
Just fix it.

(SM0KIN D4BS) #10

For once I can say and paid off…Rx 580 owner here and never really get crashes…once in a while the game won’t boot past logo and I ha r to do the Ms store download trick but my frustrations come from ping and lag

(Me0wMix CatFood) #11

The way they’ve handled it really makes TC look amateurish. They supposedly have a fix pending but it’s been nearly 2 years and the game barely has a pulse anymore. If this was any product besides a game, you’d expect a class action over such a failure.

(XeroShinobi) #12

980 Ti and using 382.53, so the driver issue doesn’t affect Gears 4 performance for me at all. Staying on such an old driver is starting to become more and more annoying each passing month though. The fact that it will be over a year by the time the issue is fixed AT THE LEAST is totally unacceptable, and it could end up being a lot longer than that.

I want to know what kind of cash TC has spent on this. I guarantee you if an Xbox update broke Gears 4, there would be a blank cheque written to resolve it.

At this point, my single biggest gripe with TC are that they are cheap ■■■■■■■■. They’re cheap with Gears 4 Azure sever allocation, and they’re cheap with getting the right amount/properly qualified people to fix PC issues quickly.

(III EnVii III) #13

I’m on the May drivers and not had a crash yet :v:

(PhakDiesel) #14

what driver version number? I’m on the recommended rolled back version ( 382.53) and it still crashes.

GTX 1080ti

(III EnVii III) #15

I’ll get the exact driver for you tomorrow when I can get to my PC :+1:

(sancris777) #16

Last time i played horde in public match making a few days ago, my PC blue screened at wave 9… I am kinda afraid to even play Gears at all now

(SM0KIN D4BS) #17

Only frustrated thing to deal with is this unknown ibiri ban I get once in a while

(momo4sho0) #18

The freezing issue almost entirely affects Nvidia’s Pascal line which is the 10 series, 1060, 1070, 1080. So for you guys commenting with 980’s and AMD cards, of course it doesn’t affect you.

Super depressing that this hasn’t been fixed considering this is a flagship title for Play anywhere Xbox/Win10

(XeroShinobi) #19

The blue screen system crash is a Pascal thing, but drivers newer than 382.53 will still cause Gears 4 to freeze or crash to the desktop every few hours on my 980 Ti.

(III EnVii III) #20

Ok, I’m on 397.31 & using 970 GTX

Used to constantly freeze on any other driver within 10-15 minutes of playing.

Now, no such freezing after hours of playing - giive it a go :+1: