Frequent wall humping

I think this happens to everyone occasionally but it feels like I’ve been running into it a lot lately and it’s really, really annoying when it happens…

Any veterans know if this is this just another server issue or am I unknowingly doing something to cause it?

That’s never happened to me on wall alone, only with another player in my way on it or a barrier.

Ahh the good old times :smile:

Happened to me a few times more than a year ago in Gears 4, don’t remember if it was the 2006 Gears or Gears UE (all PC versions) where it happened on a regular basis.

Once stuck you could try jumping “backwards” and you would be glued back to the wall, not funny but still amusing.

You’re doing nothing wrong, it just happens sometimes. Maybe a console player can comment on it?

2 Likes

I’m a mouse and keyboard player so maybe that could have something to do with it.

It doesn’t seem like anything else is lagging/skipping other than me being velcroed to the wall.

I sure hate it. Sabotages me more often then I’d like.

I know you’re on PC, saw the stats on the bottom right. I’m also on PC and I’ve seen it before.

Should it happen again try jumping backwards (jump back while looking forward) and you will be glued back to the wall, curious how physics work in Gears.

Oh I figured ya knew, I was just clarifying because most pc players I have run into still use a controller.

I’ll try and remember to jump back lol… Usually when it happens I start button mashing because I’m about to get killed.

Not unintentionally. Any sticky keys?

No, hang on. Something like this has happened to me in Horde. Once when I stuck to the Fabricator and couldn’t get away from it, and once getting stuck to a Weapons Locker, same thing.

I don’t think so… I have run and cover bound separately… Perhaps I’m clicking my cover button to quickly and it’s acting like a sticky key… Gluing me to the wall.

I notice the problem waaaaay more in horde to be honest.

Could be worse

1 Like

Frequently with other players nearby, rarely when alone.
Check your key binds to make sure nothing is redundant or unexpected. Also, if you have any other mice or controllers connected try disconnecting them while on gears.

I had an issue one game where my camera was jolting around randomly and it turned out my cat was laying on my trackball mouse that I use for daily PC work.

1 Like

Is that a euphamism? Dirty boy!

1 Like

Hah!

1 Like

Have you tried playing with classic alt controls? Ive never had this issue and ive been using alt since gears 2, or maybe you just need a new controller, these are all just guesses

It seems like sometimes your character is covered in glue and gets stuck to everything

You clearly missed your shot

I have to admit, when I first saw the thread title I thought it was going to be another one discussing the in-game behavior of Latin America players :wink:

1 Like

So I’m not the only one that has noticed that?

it’s hard to miss, haha, when they hump on the very first kill of the very first round, hahaha…