Free boost? Or not free boost?the cake is a lie😶

That’s ■■■■■■■■.

TC got us ■■■■■■ up.

1 Like

At first I was like (0:00)
But then I was like (0:13)
These are times for this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikC75MJmkxs

Look something went wrong, something always goes wrong. I’m not happy about it as most of you but I’m sure it’s not @TC_Sera fault. Let’s not direct our anger towards her.

Then what’s the point of her being Community Manager? Besides, a quick explanation " yeah we messed up sorry" takes like what, 2 minutes?

2 Likes

We don’t know what happened. We always speculate.

Sera herself closed this thread so they at least acknowleged it. Yet no explanation to be seen.

2 Likes

I would add that while I definitely want a better explanation she is off the clock and it’s now the weekend, so its unlikely she would get a response chasing up an explanation from anyone until they return to the office on tuesday.

1 Like

And not even a real comment about what is going on. Just close a thread with a weird comment that almost makes it sound like the original poster was making it up with the “is inaccurate” comment

2 Likes

I get that to a degree. But the community posted about the 6x XP on this crazy, hole in the wall place, forums.gearsofwar.com 5 hours ago… by 1 PM local time for TC. It’s not like anyone who works for TC bothers to go to that obscure Gears forums site.

Maybe TC should start though

5 Likes

I don’t disagree with you.

2 Likes

I know man it’s very disappointing. We do need a better explanation but I doubt we will get it.

1 Like

I know. I’m just getting sick how the new, transparent, fan-focused TC that emerged right before the start of OP4 seems to have turned back into the old, secretive, company-focused TC in under 13 weeks.

Though you could argue the “new” TC never existed considering how “transparent” TC was with the Scrap conversation rate that saw our purchasing power lose power in that conversion.

2 Likes

Pretty dumb they turned it off and gave a lame explanation. Hopefully we’ll get the full xp weekend next week or whenever they do the Halloween events.

3 Likes

Dana tweeted out that it was a mistake.

2 Likes

Calling it now, TC wanted to do this for the launch of the Series X/S and OP5 and accidentally put it on in the wrong month.

Just my guess.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Same. I had it earlier but had to run some errands and was looking forward to grinding some characters later. Now I’m just pissed.

3 Likes

I just signed on for today and was gona suggest the same reason but u beat me to it.

I managed to get from reup 42 lvl4 to 29 in 2 hours so im ok with that.

We all make mistakes in life and nobody is perfect but as long we learn from them then theres no issues. However if TC were to make THIS mistake more often i dont see a problem with that😁

3 Likes

“It was a mistake so it was removed.”

Very robot like.

on the other hand, there’s option b. ‘it was a mistake but because we admire our community and fans we decided to let it run through the weekend.’ Option b, is what i would have done.

One option irritates, annoys pisses off the faithful. the other makes them happy. You want to grow the community, expand the user base? One great avenue to do that is, make the diehards happy from time to time. Better yet, keep them swimming in happniness. They are happy they’ll be positive about Gears. They unhappy. They’ll pour out salt, and turn your game off.

Hmmmmm? What to do?

3 Likes

Well said. What are the pros and cons of letting the boost continue? No real cons except maybe more people will re-up to 50.

Maybe there’s an official company policy that they can’t do something that encourages more play. Can’t have people excited can we.

1 Like