Franchise favorite things

I definitely can relate to this. I only mentioned “no incentive from TC” because it seem a lot of people are more motivated for reasons such as XP or achievements. This may not even be the majority of people honestly-I don’t even know.

I personally consider myself lucky that everyone who has played with me is not like that at all. Even back to before I even got into escape I was doing “NO Jack challenges” for 1-50 Horde, (before taps existed, energy was super scarce and builds were almost non existent) everyone enjoyed it way more than just casually playing. I got 141 days of playing time because of the challenges but without them I would be surprised if it was over 20. It kept the game fresh for me.

IMO, there isn’t a anything more satisfying than overcoming a solo you’ve struggled with for awhile.

2 Likes

That’s probably why I kept doing them for so long. It’s a combination of that and the question of “Is this even possible?” being a thought that pops up. I’ve done so many of them that I cannot enjoy 3-man Escape unless I’m doing No Card runs with Smudge, Hoolie, and/or Brandon

2 Likes

This is what kept me going on my melee only malfunction solo.

2 Likes

sigh

the good ole days. I wish they kept making hives. Makes me wonder if the new mode (if there is one) in gears 6 will be worth investing time into if they are just going to kill it early like they did escape.

Seems like even if the mode is superior, it’ll be killed because it’s not horde.

2 Likes

If its not Horde or Versus the majority will not even give it a chance. Or if a mode is even slightly difficult the majority will call it bad. Difficulty doesn’t mean bad.

2 Likes

I find it ironic how a lot of people will say they like playing a game with a high skill ceiling such as this because “there’s no other game like Gears” but then turn around and dismiss a mode and/or class because “it’s too hard.”

Very Low expectations for Gears 6 then for me. It’s a shame.

My dumbazz will be playing it a launch though

Maybe Sweating is reserved for PVP and casualness is reserved for PVE. 🤷

1 Like

But then you pull something off and you then realize: “Wait, this must be possible. I did this and that and I was able to get this far. This is definitely possible.”

1 Like

Speaking of which

Getting past the first two sections was very easy once I figured out how to take out the bastion in the second room. All I had to do was lure the stump near the stairs and melee the bastion as it’s coming in. This final part is the one that gets me every time. Very rarely do I ever get to get past the DR1s even with the card that gives you stim upon ult. Even then I have to stall so much with two Sentinels just to get my ult back. I’m not sure if I have to use melee the DR1s right before my ult ends just so I have more of a chance to use it again when the door closes. Something like this happening just further shows why the both of us has dedicated so much of our time to doing these lol.

Since the subject here is (sort of) Escape Master solos, I was bored earlier and did a Line solo with Pilot and got into boxing matches with Dropshot Scions in the middle supply room. Repeatedly, since I got screwed by the Mulcher nonsense at least twice. It’s funny how that was probably one of the less difficult parts of it.

Made me wonder how annoying that hive would be to do a melee only run in as non-Brawler. I’m sure someone’s done or at least tried it, though.

1 Like

I’m sure @RelaxingKoty can answer that question as the man was insane enough to do not one, but two melee only runs of it. Especially his true melee one because instead of restarting, he went back to the lobby every time he died just so he gets different spawns every time. Knowing which enemies spawn and where is such a huge advantage to have that it just makes it a whole lot more satisfying to watch.

2 Likes

Tbf, most Line spawns are actually reasonably predictable once you see the initial two near the middle supply room(like it’s not hard to tell whether the game’s going to throw a dozen Mulchers or Dropshots at you or it’s going to be a more even mix). I find the most random variable to be whether you get the triple Scion spawn in the middle of the hive by the locker tile or not, ever since TC changed it so it’s not always there.

Although I did also spend an inordinate amount of time playing said hive on Insane in Op 2 with the More Scion Health and Damage mods off, so I probably know the hive spawns far too well by now.

1 Like

I like liking a franchise that nobody likes. Makes me feel like a hipster.

1 Like

And you’re sure that’s a good thing?

2 Likes

No. But I like the fact that I like something that is pretty nieche in the gaming community.

1 Like

Don’t forget this one.

I think no venom resistance is the most impressive though.

2 Likes

Thats actually crazy you made it that far with the other spawn. I just didn’t want to deal with sentinels so i didn’t even think about trying the other spawn. Lol

1 Like

The True melee only one wasnt really that hard. The one without Venom resistance was the difficult one because i couldn’t really get hit or I would die.

1 Like

Your guide for The Line helped me out alot though with knowing exactly when the doors were gonna close.

1 Like