Franchise favorite things

What is your favorite thing about the entire franchise? the one that keeps them abreast of the franchise or the one that makes them return to it after tasting new and fresh experiences, that which makes them feel a burning passion for the saga

your favorite thing or things in general, talking about both lore and gameplay, game modes, unique mechanics, great designs, endearing characters, captivating plot, charismatic enemies, etc.

The roadie run.

Was in a few bands and hung out at clubs all the time before the first game.

Seeing that movement in game made me laugh because I had seen roadies do that so many times to get junk off the stage in a hurry and that was just inherently funny to me.

1 Like

At first it was the story. But now it’s the multiplayer, too many fond memories of it and its why I continue to come back.

Well, lore/story and characters are what I stick with the franchise for primarily, but I’d say the MP is what actually keeps me playing it in the long term… the PvE, that is. I wouldn’t be able to play the campaigns exclusively for 2-3+ years, as much as I might like them(and I definitely spent an inordinate amount of time playing 4s campaign both coop and solo).

1 Like

@DaveJulius is my favourite.

“DaveJulius, as in the ChainsawMaster?”
“We saw you play!”

2 Likes

You know it! The Saw is a sharp ride!

1 Like

Story and Characters can carry a franchise. Especially when everything is morally ambiguous and there really aren’t any ‘good’ guys upon further reflection (except of course, for our Heroes.) See Fridge Logic

For me, Characters and Sound Design/Score trips the dopaminergic reward system.

Broken launches

The fanbase. Endless entertainment.

6 Likes

Randoms. Always good to have an easy target to blame instead of owning up to my own mistakes.

1 Like

Is this for PVP or PVE?

(In before “yes”)

6 Likes

6 Likes

Unique cover system, gore (executions) and general melancholic atmosphere of the GOW games are the things that made me love this franchise the way I do.

3 Likes

Horde

1 Like

You think Queen Myrrah is a… “thing”!? Cur’e you! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

It’s alright, I have her permission given the context.

Oft! Well, cur’e you too!

3 Likes

gb

Lore/story, MP and GOW fans. I’ve met so many great players, people who are now my friends.

2 Likes