FPS drop on gears 5

Hello there fellas.

Im having a problem on my game that sometimes i dont know why but the game is unplayable i cant move i cant shot cause fps suttering, but other times the game go too smooth and i dont know what is making that.

¿Does anyone have the same issue or know the fix to this?

1 Like

Pc or Xbox?

PC

Im having the same issue. Some days its so smooth i could drop my pants for it. Other days its at like 2fps. It has somthing to do with my mouse and controller. Ill be using my controller the. If like i newwd to use my mouse and keyboard for even a second Itll drop the fps

1 Like

A friend of mine says they have the same problem when we play versus. Their sounds cuts and the game slows down in framerate. It may be because they are playing on the original Xbone but my other friend doesn’t have that problem and they play on the original as well.

Intel or amd? Can you upload a picture of your settings?

Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics     (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
    w10

And your in game?

I have the same problem (PC). Playing versus, horde or escape, but mostly on horde

I had the same issue and now it’s fixed.

Try deleting the cache files in C:\Users\usernamehere\AppData\Local\Gears5
Launch the game and set your video settings again (this fixed my problem).

When I played with the controller I had terrible frame drops when the Bluetooth signal was low or intercepted. So disconnect the controller if you are not using it.

1 Like

Something like these examples? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GCq2Wgf4dU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwJGPdqyDFk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo__2b0o-GE
Sadly no matter what PC with AMD, Intel or Nvidia hardware are you using, it still happening.
That “solution” above simply doesn’t fix it completely, I have to deal with this poor performance.

Et voilà!

Haha, I’m joking!

…or am I?
5 Likes

using Bluetooth and Xbox Controllers with windows 10 is known to have major fps/stutter issues. you need to go wired or use the Xbox Wireless Adapter

Its sad that this is accurate.

1 Like

I get frame drops after a few games, console, Xbox One X. A restart solves the issue, but it inevitably happens after another few matches, anywhere from 2 to 7 then just gets unplayable. Doesn’t seem to make a difference regardless of resolution or fov setting. I clear cache often. Annoying.

This seems to be an issue on Xbox as well. I never had fps drops until I started using m&k

If you are on steam and toggle the xbox controller support in the controller settings it helps to prevent this if you are on bluetooth.

At least it did for me, i played wired until the micro usb of my controller started to malfunction .

Its somthing to do with both of them plugged in at the same time. Its super weird.

1 Like

@GB6_Kazuya Im so stoked. I locked down a Series X from best buy wednesday. Pick it up Sunday. Cant wait. Whats crazy is i read an article on eurogamer the other.day about the release of FIFA 22. And how only PS5, Series X, and Stadia were getting the next gen version that includes some type of AI learning feature. Regardless of the feature itself, it was wild to read all the replies of all the Red ■■■■■ PC players fussing about not getting something that console is. And it was at that moment that I realized as a life long console gamer, “OUR DAY HAD ARRIVED”. Apparently too many low end pcs out there now. No uniformity regards specs and features. And if you built a $1500 gaming rig 3 years ago-its getting kinda old and antiquated.
Im going, "well I can spend $499.00 plus tax and be rock solid for another 5 years, or spend $1500 and have to upgrade components again in 2-3 years . Yeah-no thanks

1 Like

Haha. Well, good Doctor, I personally have nothing against PCs and would probably have a custom-built one in a different life but it is what it is. I know what you mean and it certainly is an upkeep.

One things for the certain though, the Series X is definitely worth the money.

1 Like