Footsteps muted since update?

Is it just me or are the footsteps from the enemy team severely muted since the update?

3 Likes

Footsteps have always been seriously inconsistent in this game, almost as bad as frags.

8 Likes

The current Escape map and Halloween Horde Events are full of Sires. Not hearing them can be a horror during Halloween! :wink:

1 Like

This has been an issue in CoD for years too. I’m thinking it’s just part of the ‘online’ experience.

2 Likes

Last one I played properly was Modern Warfare 2 and the sounds in that were perfect!

If that’s happening in titles following that though…strange how games are getting worse :unamused:

4 Likes

Imo Sires are actually easier to locate/hear in the new hive since they’re often forced to use ladders and/or go over coverpieces. Dolby Atmos,headphones and music-volume at 0 significantly help.

1 Like

I remember when Modern Warfare 2019 came out the footsteps sounded like and elephant(Or Matriarch😉) charging. But they made a patch update fixing it up.

1 Like

They should look at Gears of War 3 for a template, I always knew where the frag was being thrown and how far from me. Have no idea where frags are in this game because of the poor audio.

Also, I haven’t really noticed a difference in the footstep audio, OP, but I’ve barely played since the update. In general, the footstep sounds needs improvement though.

2 Likes

Exactly. Gears 3’s audio was completely flawless. Very easy to tell the direction of absolutely everything. Footsteps, frags, a single snub bullet.

2 Likes