I’m a lucky guy, yes.
Lol okay console might have less issues not sure. I know TC mentioned that some issues are specific to PC.
I’ve had the opposite experience.
Playing solo queue has rewarded me much more than playing in a stack does.
For examples (Between Onyx 3 and Diamond 3):
Solo loss but top of my team or MVP - I will lose 0-30ish pts
Solo loss but MVP and blow it out of the water - I gain between 0 - 90 pts
Solo win top of team or MVP - gain between 0-90 pts
Solo win, MVP, blow it out the water - gain between 0-240 pts
Here’s a good example of a solo game that I was screwed from the get go in but I still gained 90 points.
Obviously, can’t factor in the favored team stats cus I don’t know the impact and didn’t record the data for every match. I could have gotten lucky and been matched in a beneficial way.
Now - for playing in a stack of high level players:
Loss but on lower half of my team - I will lose 0-80 pts
Loss but top of my team or MVP - I will lose 0-20ish pts
Loss but MVP and blow it out of the water - (loss 0-20 or gain 0-20)
Win top of team or MVP - gain between 0-90 pts
Win MVP, blow it out the water - gain between 0-120 pts
Again, can’t factor in the favored team stats cus I don’t know the impact and didn’t record the data for every match.
Of course your mileage may vary and your experience may be different. I don’t know much about the ranked system other than this is how it has seemed to work for me.
I like squad play with friends but I also find it a major drawback as far as game progression goes. Lobbies take longer to find and I just haven’t seen any advantage in points from it. If anything there is tougher competition for less reward because you need to compete with your own high level teammates for that MVP slot to get the maximum point reward, which is minimal, really. I can’t imagine how long and boring it would be for a gold player to get carried into masters like that.
However, all this may change in Diamond 4. Perhaps the well dries up and solo losses become a black hole of point subtraction. Maybe I get stuck and have to rely on a good squad to grind those meek little points to move up bit by bit.
Yeah there are supposedly multipliers depending on both whom you out perform on your team and also the quality of the opponent. So your points could increase based on your rank and how your performed compared to people higher/lower ranks on your team. And also the same for your opponent.
That seems like a reasonable and intelligent way to assess rank, to be honest.
For sure. I mean i really dont think the ranking system is all that bad. I would like to see at least a little more emphasis on performance, especially to separate at the top ranks. But there is some performance element at least.
Also, prior to the win/loss based system people werent playing the objectives. Since you could gain more losing and racking up high numbers of eliminations.
Yeah i think they may have actually improved that to a degree. I remember capping was almost a thankless chore at launch.
Taking changes into consideration this screen is actually a good example. I spent most of the game not capping or breaking and one guy on my team was a real trooper. 20 caps…
There’s still a 5k point difference between us but there’s also ~30/10 variance in elims.
I think caps/breaks are still a little weak for me. I’d love to see them worth a little more- but most of the matches I’ve played both teams seem very determined to play objectives. If the win/loss change is what made people change their style then I think it was overall positive.
I think there are two routes you could go with caps:
Add points for Cap defenses- which IMO are more important than the caps themselves
Add points per second the cap is held to the people who got the cap.
Option 2 is intriguing.
Cept I can hear the complaints already when a ‘noob’ strolls into the ring after a fight and before the cap and the 06 vet who fought hard for that ring was slain just prior.
(I am that noob)
Im just trying to look at ways to reward people playing the objective, but yeah that would happen to me lol. Even though your whole team regardless of playing the objective could be contributing there is an extra element of risk in getting a cap vs say playing support or long range sniper.
But at the same time a one second cap and a 60 second cap shouldn’t be equal.
In ranked games, I heard that if someone on the other team quits. Then you’re getting zero points for the game. Is this true?
No, you get zero points for each round win after someone quits. But i do think you can still get some performance points. But its very little. You still get points for the round they quit and the overall match result.
Take salvo off of bunker. It’s overpowered.
Right so the point is. After all the server issues and finding a game. If you’re playing king of the hill. You just wasted about 30 minutes for no progress towards your rank. And in ranked there are no easy wins so if you lose to that four man team you’re rank drops dramatically. What’s up with that
Well only the first person to quit gets a quit penalty. And everyone else can quit afterwards without penalty. I always keep playing though regardless.
Tbh its hard to gage what players want you have one group of ppl that want the gnasher strong and another group that want the gnasher weak. I guess thats why you guys made 2 tunings. You cant please everyone I would say bring the poke damage down a bit and keep it like that for future games.
For the movement idc about the speed just improve the animation in future games so it doesn’t look like crab walking from other players. Other than that I think the tuning should stay where it is.
With that Gears 6 should focus more on physics imo (detailed gore, destructible environments, death animations) would make gameplay much more satisfying just wanted to throw that in there.
So there is a lot to cover here, off the top of my head tc need to address :
- Roadie/slide speed dynamic,
- shooting inside of animations,
- shooting off camera,
- delays to shooting,
- delays to to sliding,
- lack of melee delays,
- melee range,
- player being too far from reticule/camera poistion - or shots not aligning with this properly,
- classic alt controls having roll on A still,
- avatar takes to long to decide what side of cover it is trying to fire over or around,
- able to fire ‘over’ cover when gun is not in a position to do so (gun literally in the cover),
- overly complicated slide mechanics,
- overly complicated shooting mechanics (seriously its a gun, it shoots things in the direction the barrel is pointing),
- ‘speed boosts’ to bring all the slow mechanics up to the insane roadie speed,
- low damage weapons needing heavy aim assist to make them viable,
- weird wall cancel move being attached to the camera (WFT???),
- maps/cover/lack of - this would need it’s own thread like I asked ryan for.(next focused feed back? @GhostofDelta2) ,
- how point changes (to reflect a faulty ranking system) have negativly affected KOTH,
- aim assist and its removal from main ranked and it’s toning down in exe/when switched off,
- Aim assist suite partial breakdowns and will tc ever really tell us how it works (using standard industry terms, not there own in house ones),
- gnasher - why massive poke range was awful in g2-g3 and why tc seem intent on repeating past series mistakes,
- gnasher - gib range and damage drop off,
- ONLINE GAME PLAY CONSISTANCY (this is probably the most important one) - this would cover de-sync for low ping players, lag comp, client trust factors, how these interact and create a terrible, erratic low ping experience and probably a lot more that I forget,(another topic probably needed to cover this @GhostofDelta2 again),
- chainsaw/retro on LB and how this negates the reactionary usage of said functions,
- the anti-omen in its simple and complex form (especially it’s negative affects on colourblind settings),
I’s 100% sure there are further things i’m missing, i’m sure they will come to me while playing.I’ll edit this post as and when.
I’ll pick on one or two per post as just this list has gotten far too long for one post.
EDIT : forgot -
27) gnasher six rounds,
28) KOTH messed up spawns,
29) ice being visually fine despite being broken and killing you.
(Edit 2 ; to add numbers, I think the giant unformatted list has made it’s point now).
No particular order:
- WAAY more maps - and no more from Gears 4 [excluding Classic reskins from original Trilogy]
- Stop drip feeding characters - still no OG Delta Squad? C’mon smh
- Bring back a few of the classic weapons (mortar, digger, one shot etc) & Hammer Of Dawn in PvP
- Please reconsider rolling lobbies to eradicate the problem with quitters. Look at COD lobbies for example
I went back to Gears 4 cos I was so disappointed with 5. I’d be happy to return if at least 2 of my concerns were addressed. Any 2.
Fix the one-handed weapon glitch. The one where it looks like someone’s holding the gun with one hand.
It’s jarring because I can’t tell where someone’s aiming when that happens.
The lag in Gears 5 is worse than it ever was in Gears 4. And that’s no small statement…